What's new

Unlocking iphone for another sim card

tsiric17

Reaction score
Hi im new to this forum and quite new to the whole jailbreaking process :)

So a few days ago i have jailbroken my iphone thinking that i will be able to use any sim card on it, and because i switched to another carrier and my iphone was locked to t-mobile...
I decided to do it on my own instead of paying them 20 bucks

I Have an iphone 4 running iOS 5.0.1 baseband 04.10.01 and ive tried using sam, and even Ultrans0w to unlock my phone but nothing works... I still have the No service text in the top-left.. Any help ? :/
Can i do this by using Redsn0w and Custom IPSW or something?

Oh and when i go to my iphone settings, sometimes i cant even see the carrier "tab", i have to exit using the home button and come back and after a few times its there... If i try to switch off the automatic it says " Unable to load network list" . :(

Take the $20 Factory unlock route....it's a cleaner long term option if you plan to stay jailbroken....

Hi im new to this forum and quite new to the whole jailbreaking process :)

So a few days ago i have jailbroken my iphone thinking that i will be able to use any sim card on it, and because i switched to another carrier and my iphone was locked to t-mobile...
I decided to do it on my own instead of paying them 20 bucks

I Have an iphone 4 running iOS 5.0.1 baseband 04.10.01 and ive tried using sam, and even Ultrans0w to unlock my phone but nothing works... I still have the No service text in the top-left.. Any help ? :/
Can i do this by using Redsn0w and Custom IPSW or something?

Oh and when i go to my iphone settings, sometimes i cant even see the carrier "tab", i have to exit using the home button and come back and after a few times its there... If i try to switch off the automatic it says " Unable to load network list" . :(

If you want to be able to come back to iOS 5.0.1, you'll need the SHsH blobs or you'll have to make do with the iOS 6 tethered jailbreak. it's mandatory that you have the blobs if you want to keep the iOS 5.0.1 jailbreak because in order to get your iPhone factory unlocked, you have to restore it using iTunes. And as you know restoring means you'll lose the jailbreak and you'll be on its 6.0.1.

Once you get the factory unlock done, you can downgrade back to iOS 5.0.1 and jailbreak it again and you'll still have the factory unlock

Sent via my iPad using Tapatalk HD