What's new

Unlocking iphone 5

avi88

Reaction score
Hey guys! I have just bought an iphone 5 yesterday, regretfully locked to vodaphone, and i need it unlocked so i can use my EE sim.
I hope there is a way of doing this! It is running on 6.1.4
Is there any way of unlocking it?
Thanks in advanced :)

Vodafone unlocks will run you about $80 or so USD to unlock via IMEI/carrier, which is permanent. Temporary solutions include the R-SIM interposer which you slip between your SIM tray and your SIM. If there's an iOS update, it may or may not work but will be updated in terms of software to allow to do so eventually.

I take it you bought it from ebay or amazon? I tmight be worth checking with voda first as they might offer an unlock solution for maybe £30 odd pounds :)

I had heard about the jailbreaking for ios 6.1.3 but not confirmed for 6.1.4. I suggest you to search online there are so many trusted software for jailbreak your iphone but always keep in mind that use of any unauthorised software may brick your phone. So be careful...

I had heard about the jailbreaking for ios 6.1.3 but not confirmed for 6.1.4. I suggest you to search online there are so many trusted software for jailbreak your iphone but always keep in mind that use of any unauthorised software may brick your phone. So be careful...

Jailbreaking for neither 6.1.3 nor 6.1.4 is confirmed nor accurate. There's a tweet from a high-end developer that he has the untethered backbone for iOS 6.1.3 working, but one, it's on an iPhone 4 which is A4, two, he has not tested it at all on A5, and three, he states that it "barely works on my iPhone 4 GSM". All rumors about an iOS 6.1.3 or 6.1.4, or any other type of software related unlocks are to be disregarded as spam/scam

Hey guys! I have just bought an iphone 5 yesterday, regretfully locked to vodaphone, and i need it unlocked so i can use my EE sim.
I hope there is a way of doing this! It is running on 6.1.4
Is there any way of unlocking it?
Thanks in advanced :)

still unlocked? which country vodafone is it?