What's new

unlocked iphone 4 at&t?

bparreno901

Reaction score
Hello iphone users, my name is Ben, im New to the forum, my question has probably been asked many times here, but i was wondering, if i bought an unlocked iphone from Apple, and a micro sim card cutter, would i be able to stick my AT&T sim in the iphone and would it work with out a data plan. right now my plan is just talking and text. i have Wifi almost everywhere i go. so my plan was just to stick my att sim in and use wifi instead of a data plan.

thank you
Ben

Hello iphone users, my name is Ben, im New to the forum, my question has probably been asked many times here, but i was wondering, if i bought an unlocked iphone from Apple, and a micro sim card cutter, would i be able to stick my AT&T sim in the iphone and would it work with out a data plan. right now my plan is just talking and text. i have Wifi almost everywhere i go. so my plan was just to stick my att sim in and use wifi instead of a data plan.

thank you
Ben

It would work yes but you should also make sure that if you chose to do so that you turn off the 3g data in the options and you will be good to go especially if you have wifi every where you go and that not having 3g wont be a problem because if you leave the 3G on you might get charged by att and you may find that it will automatically connect to their 3G network bu charge you very expensive prices for using it so make sure what ever you do you have the 3g data turned off.

you have to trun off data across the board so that att wont pick up that you are on a smartphone or they will charge you for a data plan i have yet to see someone get passed it i was doing it when i first got mine a a bit ago and it happened to me with the 3g off you can still use the wifi but i would just stick to that

thank you
Ben

It would work yes but you should also make sure that if you chose to do so that you turn off the 3g data in the options and you will be good to go especially if you have wifi every where you go and that not having 3g wont be a problem because if you leave the 3G on you might get charged by att and you may find that it will automatically connect to their 3G network bu charge you very expensive prices for using it so make sure what ever you do you have the 3g data turned off.

+1...

You cannot do that, if you do, att with know you are using an iphone without a data plan and will charge to your account the minimum amount for a data plan, so you know, the process will work... But you will
Get charged a data plan

thanks guys. im guessing, it wouldnt work with the iphone 3 also?

I took my new iphone 4S (unlocked) to an AT&T store and told them what I wanted on my Go Phone account. They did not know if it would work, but they worked with me. Sim cards are FREE. I went from Droid full sized Sim Card to the iphone Micro Sim card. They really didn't want to do it, but it's possible. They "registered" my new Micro Sim to the old IMEI in my Droid. (There was something about no iPhone used for Go account. But since my phone was purchased straight from Apple, and the phone warranty rests with Apple............they did it). We went through a few Sim cards getting this done...no cost. Hats off to AT&T customer service.

I have NO data plan and pay by the minute. Wi-Fi works great. AT&T could not have helped more. Everything was up front and honest.

What i have now is really an iTouch with phone capability.....and I'm happy with it.

Hope this helps some.