What's new

AT&T Unlocking service

diesel

Reaction score
I bought an iPhone 4 in November 2010 when I was in New York, from this guy there who had bought the phone from AT&T. I paid $650 for the iPhone as the guy said that's the complete fee to get it off contract. Anyways I don't live in US and was using the iPhone on my local carrier through ultrasn0w unlock.
Now I saw this all over the internet that AT&T is unlocking there iPhones. Does anyone know how can I get mine unlocked? I still have the original AT&T sim with me and the box which matches the IMEI number of the iPhone.
I be grateful if anyone can help me unlock my phone :)

Same thing ere I would love to unlock mine cause I am using gevy sim but I don't have the original sim or the box

I do have the original sim but only if I could know what's it number. I called AT&T and they were like they would need my number or AT&T account.
I did some search on google and as far as I know, if anyone has an AT&T account they can unlock 5 iPhones per year. So is there anyone out there with an AT&T account who can do this unlock for me? If anyone has an At&T account they can easily unlock an iPhone online.

That mean I could ask someone to do it wonder if there anyone willing volentair ?

To all those who want to unlock their iPhone but are either an international customer or bought their iPhone from somewhere other than AT&T, I think I have a solution.
Well my case was that I bought my iPhone from US and it was fully paid for but the problem is that I didn't buy it on contract from AT&T and neither do I live in US.
After doing hours of online research and going trough comments of those who called for unlock, I started calling on AT&T's international help line +1 (800) 335-4685. At first all the four different representatives told me it wasn't possible for me to unlock my iPhone because firstly I don't have an AT&T account, secondly I am not the first owner of the iPhone (which is wrong as I am the first owner) and third that I don't have any proof of purchasing the iPhone. I sort of gave up then until I read a YouTube comment where the guy was in exact situation as me and he managed to get it through after calling many times and finally some representative answered his calls who didn't bother with questions lol.
I did the same and finally some guy answered my call and he not only made me an AT&T account there and then but also created a case for me saying I'll get an email by 23rd with unlock instructions. So basically it's on luck, keep trying until some guy like this answers your call.
I'll call them again in a week if I haven't received any mail by then and give them my case id to check the status.

Best luck !

Just my IMEI number. Full name and an email address.

Try it but in the mids of creating a case the lady say she cand di it cause the imei number is in some else account yes I know that cause I didn't buy the phone from u some buy it from me

I call back AT&T and the guy told the request was sent but the lady told me she couldn't do it do I didn't get a case number so the told but Monday I should get an email with the instruction

Thats good news. Even my email is suppose to come on Monday the 23rd.
Let's hope they send us an email saying we are eligible to unlock instead of sending an email saying we aren't.
Fingers crossed.

Wow so if someone tried to steal my iPhone they'd be in hot water trying to activate it!???
Of course I have two Gps tracking and ones w the insurance, just curious!
My phone WAS stolen then returned oddly enough!