Status
Not open for further replies.

Deiota

Reaction score
hi
is it possible already? how? or when?
should I upgrade to ios 5.1 or 5.1.1?
thanks

Unfortunately it is not currently possible to unlock that baseband. If it's an AT&T locked phone and its off contract you might want to try contacting AT&T to unlock it since they are doing carrier unlocks for off-contract phones now.

Thanks for the reply.
It's from Vodafone Portugal.
Does Vodafone can unlock it if I pay them legally to do it right?
Deiota

I don't know as I've never dealt with any carriers outside of the US, you will have to call and ask them. You shouldn't have to pay for it.

I'm from Portugal and my carrier is Vodafone (contract). Since I'm moving to Canada (emmigrating) I need to unlock the phone so I can use another carrier from Canada.
Vodafone unlocks my phone for about 150euros, which is too much for my budget...
I need my iphone unlocked in the end of July and I wonder if it will be possible to unlock it (illegally) until then...
Thanks

Deiota said:
I'm from Portugal and my carrier is Vodafone (contract). Since I'm moving to Canada (emmigrating) I need to unlock the phone so I can use another carrier from Canada.
Vodafone unlocks my phone for about 150euros, which is too much for my budget...
I need my iphone unlocked in the end of July and I wonder if it will be possible to unlock it (illegally) until then...
Thanks

150 euros seems a bit much to get it unlocked. How much contract have you left. If you paid the 150 you can use any sim you want then

Thanks

As I said earlier, the only way for you to unlock that phone is to have the carrier unlock it for you. There are no hardware or software unlocks for that baseband currently.

150 euros seems a bit much to get it unlocked. How much contract have you left. If you paid the 150 you can use any sim you want then

I have more than a year contract left.... yes if I pay the 150 euros I can use any sim I want!

As I said earlier, the only way for you to unlock that phone is to have the carrier unlock it for you. There are no hardware or software unlocks for that baseband currently.

My question is if there will be an unlock sooner or unlockers are not working about this broadband anymore... and due date..

My question is if there will be an unlock sooner or unlockers are not working about this broadband anymore... and due date..

There is no ETA, it could be next week, it could be never. I would suggest either buying a new phone which is unlockable or just shelling out the cash to get the phone unlocked from your carrier. Although, I must agree that 150 euros is way too much for an unlock, more than likely that is the price for ending your contract early, not just for the unlock.

can I or should I get ios updated to 5.1.1? I'm waiting for an unlock possibility... to come out!
by the way, is the jailbreak out for the 5.1.1 unthethered yet??
thanks

News on unlocking ?

 Sent from my White 32 Gb iPhone 4 using TapaTalk 

Status
Not open for further replies.