What's new

Unfortunately.... Cracked Screen

Shattered the front of my iphone today. Short fall off my lap onto gravel while getting out of the car. My old iphone took lots of abuse. Not this one.

Reading online this is a problem. For all Steve Job's promises the glass not all that durable Who would design a cell phone made of glass? Apple blew it on this one as far as I'm concerned. Don't buy it.

Oh please, 2 iphone 3g and one 3GS before I found otterbox. they are glass and if someone drops one and breaks it....it is hardly the manufactures problem. If you dropped a 42 inch plasma TV and it broke you wouldn't say it was the manufacturer's short fall. In short Apple didn't manufacture a Mil Spec device engineered to withstand punishment. Its a computer that doubles as a phone and if you drop any other computer you will get the same result. treat it as such and put it in a case to protect it

I agree.... The glass is the best feature on the phone! It's not a Razor :) So just havetoo be careful with it.

Last edited:
after reading this, i think i have to order
my case even before my iphone gets shipped
to me.

Wow! I'm very sorry for your lost. I would contact Apple and see if they will cover it. I've dropped other phones that way and most of them are made to withstand that kind of impact. If this kind of damage is happening to a lot of people I think there's a cause for a class action law suit or a recall from Apple.

You're an idiot! Just because you drop and break your toy, you don't go crying and stamping your little feet, blaming everyone else and demanding they pay. That is probably the most childish thing I've heard in a while. What you really want is everyone here on the forum to pay for your mistake. Get lost! Apple didn't break it. This is only in response to the guy who wrote the reply above.

Wow! I'm very sorry for your lost. I would contact Apple and see if they will cover it. I've dropped other phones that way and most of them are made to withstand that kind of impact. If this kind of damage is happening to a lot of people I think there's a cause for a class action law suit or a recall from Apple.

You're an idiot! Just because you drop and break your toy, you don't go crying and stamping your little feet, blaming everyone else and demanding they pay. That is probably the most childish thing I've heard in a while. What you really want is everyone here on the forum to pay for your mistake. Get lost! Apple didn't break it. This is only in response to the guy who wrote the reply above.

I can't believe an idiot like you would call someone else an idiot. I am not crying and blaming everyone else and I didn't even break my phone. Why the heck would everyone on the forum pay for my mistake or the posters mistake? Instead of calling people you don't even know an idiot, why don't you just shut up and stop hiding behind your computer.

Wow all this fuss over a phone screen. When you get my age, material things are just objects that can be replaced and family and friends are priceless.

Just my $.02

Wow all this fuss over a phone screen. When you get my age, material things are just objects that can be replaced and family and friends are priceless.

Just my $.02

Although im Young, I couldnt agree more.

If you're handy and want to replace the front glass, DON"T--I repeat--DON'T buy a new glass face for it. You can get them on Ebay for <$10. Good deal, right?

They come with tools and no instructions, they say instructions can be found online. Riiiiiight.

The reason is that you apparently can't replace the glass as on the earlier models. The glass is now bonded to the touchscreen. The sellers are ripping people off.

Mine got cracked on the corner too--my new case hadn't arrived yet. Luckily the touch screen is not dead, so I can take my time in fixing.

Glass phone > extra cautious about dropping it.

While I'm not full agreeing with apple's decision to use glass as a screen and a back for this phone, I can certainly say it gives it a sleeker, modern, and beautiful look. Plus it feels pretty cool against my fingers.

If you wanted a phone that wasn't made out of glass, you should have returned it within the 30 days of buying it.