What's new

Unfortunately.... Cracked Screen

Proximety sensor issue is driving me insane!!! I dropped 5 calls today and it tried to open face time twice. I am ready to take it to the genius bar and throw it at the first genius I see.

Proximety sensor issue is driving me insane!!! I dropped 5 calls today and it tried to open face time twice. I am ready to take it to the genius bar and throw it at the first genius I see.

That is an issue i deal with every time i make a call! f me

I already broken my 3G just by falling of my hand , of course since we have glass on mobile is the risk , i don’t think is really particular at the iPhone 4, this is sure the material they use is more sensible than other … the bumper will never protect us from our stupidity ….

That my opinion, if i broke it the only one i will blame it’s me

PS: i know it’s pain but it’s life accident

I wonder if the invisible shield could have absorbed the impact?

I doubt it... The weakest part are the corners of the glass so I don't think anything but a bumper/case will reduce the impact.

well.. good thing i bought the defender series.. not here yet though

Be sure to keep a case on your i4! Dont end up like me.

Im going to start a build thread on my iPhone. Yes, a build thread. Im going to try and resolve the antenna issue my self, as well as replace the glass and have a custom colored iPhone. Waiting on my check to come in, any ideas?

Shattered the front of my iphone today. Short fall off my lap onto gravel while getting out of the car. My old iphone took lots of abuse. Not this one.

Reading online this is a problem. For all Steve Job's promises the glass not all that durable Who would design a cell phone made of glass? Apple blew it on this one as far as I'm concerned. Don't buy it.

Oh please, 2 iphone 3g and one 3GS before I found otterbox. they are glass and if someone drops one and breaks it....it is hardly the manufactures problem. If you dropped a 42 inch plasma TV and it broke you wouldn't say it was the manufacturer's short fall. In short Apple didn't manufacture a Mil Spec device engineered to withstand punishment. Its a computer that doubles as a phone and if you drop any other computer you will get the same result. treat it as such and put it in a case to protect it

Be sure to keep a case on your i4! Dont end up like me.

Im going to start a build thread on my iPhone. Yes, a build thread. Im going to try and resolve the antenna issue my self, as well as replace the glass and have a custom colored iPhone. Waiting on my check to come in, any ideas?

This video should help you replace the screen.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNM90pb-Xwk&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Or you can have these guys fix it for you.

iPhone Repair Services | Apple replacement parts 3G, 3Gs and iPhone 4 glass screen protector

I posted earlier as I also dropped my phone and the front cracked. I have seen a couple of replies and thought I would clarify.

1. I had a bumper. They don't help protect your screen. If it lands face down on a pebble you can kiss your screen goodbye. Even from only a couple of feet up.
2. I see this is a huge flaw in the design. I am amazed that Apple would put out a product that is this fragile for an environment that is so harsh. The othe phone companies haven't gone this direction. They have access to the same glass as Apple does. Not a good decision.
3. Those screen protectors probably won't do much to keep your glass from breaking. Being only a few thousanths of an inch thick they don't do much to absorb the shock of the phone dropping.

I am no longer a big fan of this phone.

I posted earlier as I also dropped my phone and the front cracked. I have seen a couple of replies and thought I would clarify.

1. I had a bumper. They don't help protect your screen. If it lands face down on a pebble you can kiss your screen goodbye. Even from only a couple of feet up.
2. I see this is a huge flaw in the design. I am amazed that Apple would put out a product that is this fragile for an environment that is so harsh. The othe phone companies haven't gone this direction. They have access to the same glass as Apple does. Not a good decision.
3. Those screen protectors probably won't do much to keep your glass from breaking. Being only a few thousanths of an inch thick they don't do much to absorb the shock of the phone dropping.

I am no longer a big fan of this phone.

that happens with any phone now days.. you used to be able to throw phones on the floor with no problem.. but now any smart phone does not take much of a beating to break, and thats only a problem for those who drop their phone all the time.

Yeah.. i use to have a Crazor.. them things where just invincible i sware! lol..