What's new

Unblocked iphone 4s on sprint

jonyolea

Reaction score
I got an iphone 4s straight from apple store and its supposed to work on any network. The other day i went to the sprint store to get a new account with them and they told me that i have to get a phone with them and that i cant use my phone to activate it with them. I called sprint before going to the store and they told me that they cant, who do I beleve now??? :/

jonyolea said:
I got an iphone 4s straight from apple store and its supposed to work on any network. The other day i went to the sprint store to get a new account with them and they told me that i have to get a phone with them and that i cant use my phone to activate it with them. I called sprint before going to the store and they told me that they can, who do I beleve now??? :/

I meant "THEY CAN"

Activate it with CS on the phone, then after it works, file a complaint against the store that told you incorrectly.

Sent from my iPhone 4S.

I did not know that an unlocked iphone 4s can work on BOTH CDMA and GSM networks in USA. I thought that "unlocked" iphone 4s only means that you can use it OUTSIDE the USA on international networks. However, in the USA, you either have to get a CDMA iPhone 4s (for Sprint/Verizon) or a GSM iPHone 4s (ATT/T-Mo)...and that one cannot work on the other network. And a Verizon iPhone 4S will not work on Sprint...and vice versa.

Am i wrong?

There is no such thing as a GSM or CDMA iPhone 4s. The 4S is a global phone. All models have both a CDMA and GSM radio. That means if you buy a Factory Unlocked device, one that is not carrier locked, it can be activated on any network in any country.

When you buy a Sprint, Verizon or ATT iPhone 4S, it is career locked to that wireless provider here in the States. However if you need to travel abroad to Europe or Asia you just have to make sure to contact your carrier so they can unlock the phone to be used on other networks outside the USA.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I guess so. Lol

I just remembered something, I wonder if the problem has to do with the MEDI number being assigned to one carrier.

All i know is that my phone is working with t-mobile now without 3g

If its a GSM iPhone the. You can only use it with GSM carriers, and if it's a CDMA iPhone you can only use it with CDMA carriers. Otherwise, you could maybe get voice and text but no data..No mms, no visual Voicemail (unless you use YouMail;))....which to me almost defeats the purpose of getting a smart phone. Even if you can connect to wifi.

All i know is that my phone is working with t-mobile now without 3g

That's because the iPhone does not support Tmobile's 3g network. As it lacks the required radio.

If its a GSM iPhone the. You can only use it with GSM carriers, and if it's a CDMA iPhone you can only use it with CDMA carriers. Otherwise, you could maybe get voice and text but no data..No mms, no visual Voicemail (unless you use YouMail;))....which to me almost defeats the purpose of getting a smart phone. Even if you can connect to wifi.

The iPhone 4S is a global phone. It has both GSM and CDMA radios.

Quicksilver7714 said:
The iPhone 4S is a global phone. It has both GSM and CDMA radios.

Ah damn. Wonder why I was thinking he said iPhone 4.lol. Guess I didn't read it right.lol. My bad.

Factory unlocked means it will work with any GSM carrier, not CDMA. CDMA is a completely different technology, it's not as simple as just dropping a SIM card in like you do with a GSM carrier.

Jmills87 said:
Factory unlocked means it will work with any GSM carrier, not CDMA. CDMA is a completely different technology, it's not as simple as just dropping a SIM card in like you do with a GSM carrier.

Yes I know.

So, no body have answered me right, can I or not use it with sprint?

Sprint phones do not use sim cards... they are pretty much embedded into the phone. You purchased a GSM version which will work for pretty much any sim card based carrier such as att, tmobile, go phone, straight talk.

If you want full 3G data and prepaid unlimited I suggest using Straight talk, purchase a 15 dollar sim card and for 45 a month you have unlimited everything.... Or return your iphone 4s with apple and purchase a CDMA version with Sprint...

hope thats understandable?