What's new

unable to uninstall cydia packages.

jon03469

Reaction score
I am trying to remove mulitple packages from cydia using the standard method of cydia>packages>modify>remove. and for most packages it will return an 2 errors. Im not sure if you will be able to read them but this is how it will show up.

$photo.jpg

"trying to overwrite '/usr/lib/libdbacommon.dylib', which is also in a package com.dba-tech.common"
"Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)"

Like I said, this occurs when I am trying to remove a package from cydia...Hopefully someone has delt with this issure before.

This is all coming from iPhone 4s Version 5.0.1.

Thank you in advance for youre help

I am trying to remove mulitple packages from cydia using the standard method of cydia>packages>modify>remove. and for most packages it will return an 2 errors. Im not sure if you will be able to read them but this is how it will show up.

View attachment 6388

"trying to overwrite '/usr/lib/libdbacommon.dylib', which is also in a package com.dba-tech.common"
"Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)"

Like I said, this occurs when I am trying to remove a package from cydia...Hopefully someone has delt with this issure before.

This is all coming from iPhone 4s Version 5.0.1.

Thank you in advance for youre help

This fix should be rather simple, provided you have iFile installed.......But it would be just crazy to be jailbroken and not have iFile installed;)

Just as the error says.

You are trying to overwrite a dylib. The screen shot show that your are "installing" something.

Are you trying to remove 2 packages of the same thing, Like removing a package from one repo, and installing the same package from another?

I got a similar error with lockinfo. I uninstalled lockinfo then uninstalled Dba common, and reinstalled both and error is gone. From some google searches when I was having the error, it seems to be fairly common with dba common and lockinfo.

What are you trying to install?

InkedAdrenaline said:
I got a similar error with lockinfo. I uninstalled lockinfo then uninstalled Dba common, and reinstalled both and error is gone. From some google searches when I was having the error, it seems to be fairly common with dba common and lockinfo.

What are you trying to install?

I'm having issues also, when I try to remove lock info or the dba common I get the same errors and neither will uninstall. Even tried manually deleting in I funbox but I must be missing something cause they are still there any insight. I don't like lockinfo anyway so I'm not trying to reinstall