What's new

Unable to remove/delete pictures

Thutmosis

Reaction score
I have several pictures that I'd like to delete off my iPhone 4, but the delete symbol (the trash can in the bottom right corner), does not appear.

I have the option to edit the pictures (which I don't want to do), but not delete. I have other pictures in other folders that I can delete, but this does not apply to several pictures.

Any ideas how I can delete these photos? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You can delete pics straight from the camera roll... click the folder icon w/ the curved arrow coming out of it and it'll allow you to delete or move multiple pics at once. If that doesn't do it for you then you can always manually delete them while you're connected to your PC.

I've tried both methods you suggested. The pictures do no show up in the 'camera roll' folder, nor do they show up through my pc connection. I have no idea how this happened....

Pictures you took or ones that were there when you got the phone? Meaning the ones for your desktop pictures that were pre-loaded

These were pictures I had saved from emails. They were not preloaded.

Got same problem if u got solution then plz let me know

No solution yet. I'm completely baffled. I don't know another place to ask either. :-(

please read whole post before continuing or you will be sorry!!!!

Yes! To remove the unwated things from here --> :photos: Just get on your computer and plug in your iphone via usb cable. Remove those same pics you want deleted from your computer (If you want them on your computer save a back up to a thumbdrive (aka USB Stick) and then delete the photos off your computer!) next step tell itunes to sync all photos. (if you want no photos or just plain don't want a few move everything to a USB stick or thumbdrive and then wipe all pics off! This step actually is nescessary! my wife and I learned the hard way!) and then watch as all unwanted photos but the ones you took are earased! Then when done remove Iphone from USB port and put whala! I should mention however you need to then tell it to NOT sync any photos before removal

It works! I do it everyday all the time! I stupidly add photos I've drawn in photoshop and have to remove them! ^^;