What's new

Deleting Photo's

Davidm

Reaction score
Is there an app that I can use on my Iphone/Ipad that I can bring up a picture and delete it. I hate the fact there seems to be no EASY way of deleting photos. I want to be able to bring up any picture I have from ANY folder and be able to delete it. Only option seems to be to be able to fix them/crop/red eye type of things. I just don't understand why Apple won't add this feature.

all you do is press the little dustbin button on the bottom right, could not be any easier

The only folder that has what u say is in the camera roll folder. All other folders don't have this option. Have u ever checked out past that one folder? Same with photo stream, only way to delete from that folder is turning off photo stream from the settings menu. So how about it out there is there a program app that will let me delete photos from different folders?

Go to the Apple Camera app and go to your photos. Tap on "Camera Roll". There will be a box with an arrow that points to the right, at the bottom of the screen. Tap on all the photos you want to delete, then tap "Delete" at the far bottom right of the screen.

Go to the Apple Camera app and go to your photos. Tap on "Camera Roll". There will be a box with an arrow that points to the right, at the bottom of the screen. Tap on all the photos you want to delete, then tap "Delete" at the far bottom right of the screen.
Go to the photo app, not the camera app as yes I can delete ONLY THE PHOTOS in that folder. I REALIZE THAT. Like I said twice before I have hundreds of photos I have uploaded to the phone/iPad from my desktop. These cover about ten years and are in folders by date taken. Example folder 2010_10_23 is Oct. 23,2010 and contains 22 pictures. I want to be able to go in that folder and delete 1, 2, even all of them if I want. This to me is a simple feature that Apple should have included to begin with and has been written about in reviews before.

Davidm said:
Go to the photo app, not the camera app as yes I can delete ONLY THE PHOTOS in that folder. I REALIZE THAT. Like I said twice before I have hundreds of photos I have uploaded to the phone/iPad from my desktop. These cover about ten years and are in folders by date taken. Example folder 2010_10_23 is Oct. 23,2010 and contains 22 pictures. I want to be able to go in that folder and delete 1, 2, even all of them if I want. This to me is a simple feature that Apple should have included to begin with and has been written about in reviews before.

You're right, there is no simple way to do that. I'm sorry, I guess I didn't understand your question. Make a suggestion to Apple on their website. Hopefully this will be included in the next iOS.

Please if you find a way to do this LET ME KNOW! I am about to pull my hair out over it. When I synced my phone, ALL the photos from my laptop went into several sorted albums on my phone and I don't want them there. Never did. It's a TON of photos. They take up all my usage space. I hardly have any apps because my photos take up all the room. Someone PLEASE HELP!!!