What's new

Unable to identify cause of why apps go to home screen upon a swipe (without Zephyr)

liltimmy

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have a jailbroken Iphone 4 running 5.1.1.

When i slide from the bottom of the screen up (as if Zephyr was installed) then the currently opened app closes but with a different animation than the one used by Zephyr. The animation is as if you pressed the home button (rectangle minimizing into the middle).

I cannot identify the cause of this - in safe mode this doesnt occur so therefore it must be a tweak encorporated via Cydia.

So i went into SBSettings and tried disabling the non-cydia-native mobile substrates in blocks of 10, hopefully narrowing down which substrate was the cause, but in none of my ten blocks did the issue go away. When I resprung with the respective ten addons disabled, the app would always minimize and go to home screen when swiping up from the bottom of the screen.

So is there an app that can display in real-time commands, or the respective tweak, being processed? Ie it will generate a log file and I'll be able to see what tweak is responsible?

I do not have Dash installed (Google claims it also has this functionality like Zephyr).

Any suggestions?

It might be activator. That comes by default when you jailbreak iOS 5

i disabled activator individually using SBSettings with no avail. I forgot to mention this :/

You need to check through the Activator menu found in settings... see what is assigned to the "Slide up from bottom" gesture...?

well now i look stupid - i was sure i had checked that. I assumed disabling activator would have disabled it but oh well.

Thanks for the help - another perspective always helps with these things :)