What's new

Two apps that rock my iphone

ardchoille

Reaction score
I just discovered two great apps that work in tandem to allow you to access, edit and share your files anywhere. The Dropbox app and another called Plain Text.

Create a file in Plain Text, sync it to Dropbox and share it online :)

I may be late to the party but anyone interested should hop on the app store and check these out.

The more I use my iPhone the more I realize I don't need a desktop computer. This phone rocks!

ardchoille said:
I just discovered two great apps that work in tandem to allow you to access, edit and share your files anywhere. The Dropbox app and another called Plain Text.

Create a file in Plain Text, sync it to Dropbox and share it online :)

I may be late to the party but anyone interested should hop on the app store and check these out.

The more I use my iPhone the more I realize I don't need a desktop computer. This phone rocks!

Nice. I been using Dropbox and PlainText together ever since I got my first iDevice.

zig9449 said:
Nice. I been using Dropbox and PlainText together ever since I got my first iDevice.

I was right, lol, I'm late to the party.

Hello Sir,

I have tried Dropbox but the thing is the you dont get enough capacity of storage. Perhaps you should try Skydrive app from Microsoft, It's free from the appstore.

Cheers.

mjahrami said:
Hello Sir,

I have tried Dropbox but the thing is the you dont get enough capacity of storage. Perhaps you should try Skydrive app from Microsoft, It's free from the appstore.

Cheers.

I just use multiethnic.

Cloud App gives you "unlimited" space...it's just there is a limit on how big a file you can upload at one time.

I use:
Dropbox
SugarSync
SkyDrive
CloudApp (cloud2go iPhone app)

I don't think I'll need any more space for a while.

mjahrami said:
Hello Sir,

Cheers.

I don't think I'll ever need more than 2 GB of space. I bought a 4 GB USB stick years ago and have never used more than a third of it. If I need more space I'll simply pay for it. Dropbox users are, after all, using someone else's disk space and resources.. despite what others may tell you those things aren't free.

Last edited:
ardchoille said:
I don't think I'll ever need more than 2 GB of space. I bought a 4 GB USB stick years ago and have never used more than a third of it. If I need more space I'll simply pay for it. Dropbox users are, after all, using someone else's disk space and resources.. despite what others may tell you those things aren't free.

On the note of an "old 4GB USB stick" you can use your phone as a USB flash drive.

Jut download i-FunBox and drop files in "General Storage".

If you are jailbroken, then you can access the "General Storage" directory rite on your device via iFile. A little off subject but just sayin'.

I store entire programs rite in my iPhones root partition by just plugging my phone in, opening i-FunBox, and dropping whatever I want into my phone.

Plus.....I like using Dropbox for saving my pictures because they show so well on the phone.

I have multiple cloud accounts, and use them all.
Skydive and CloudApp are probably my favorite because I can go to safari, type in the SkyDrive or CloudApp URL, and download any file I have stored there rite from Safari. Nice to have certain deb files easily accessible rite from your Safari browser.

On the note of an "old 4GB USB stick" you can use your phone as a USB flash drive.

Jut download i-FunBox and drop files in "General Storage".

If you are jailbroken, then you can access the "General Storage" directory rite on your device via iFile. A little off subject but just sayin'.

I store entire programs rite in my iPhones root partition by just plugging my phone in, opening i-FunBox, and dropping whatever I want into my phone.

Hmm, that's good to know, thank you. That would keep me from having to carry the USB stick around. It's old and battered and probably should be replaced soon.. I'll just switch to using my phone.

The more I read about jailbreaking the more I want to do it. Just waiting for it to be available on 4S with 5.1.

ardchoille said:
Hmm, that's good to know, thank you. That would keep me from having to carry the USB stick around. It's old and battered and probably should be replaced soon.. I'll just switch to using my phone.

The more I read about jailbreaking the more I want to do it. Just waiting for it to be available on 4S with 5.1.

Your welcome.

As I have said before...people that are not experience with Jailbreaking tend to blow the caveats out of proportion.lol.

No one will hack your phone, or steel or info. And jut to be on the safe side you can change your root and mobile password. Then it's a guarantee that you won't be hacked (in the off chance your neighbor is using your wifi and happens to be a thief iPhone hacker guy.lol).

As for the USB storage, you do not have to be jailbroken to use your phone as a drive, but you do have to be jailbroken to access the files that you stored in your phone via the "General Storage" tab in i-FunBox.

There are other tools that allow this and I have tried all of them. I-FunBox is by far the best.

iSpirit is second. It has way more features but tey only apply to a jailbroken device mostly. Plus it has an iPod management feature where you can easily transfer all your music to your PC without the artist name, track name, and song name being changed.

Just now discovered that I-FunBox can transfer music kinda like iSpirit too...except better.lol

I've been using only *nix operating systems since 2001 so I'm probably going to find that I'm right at home with a jail broken iPhone. And I will be changing passwords, that's rule number one IMHO.

I'm not seeing I-FunBox in the app store so I'm guessing it's in cydia.

ardchoille said:
I've been using only *nix operating systems since 2001 so I'm probably going to find that I'm right at home with a jail broken iPhone. And I will be changing passwords, that's rule number one IMHO.

I'm not seeing I-FunBox in the app store so I'm guessing it's in cydia.

Neither.

i-FunBox is a Windows/Mac application for your computer.

You download and save it to your desktop

Plug in iPhone, open it....and that is it. It gives you access to your iPhones "raw file system".

Well it does if you jailbroken. If you are not then you can only do so much.

There is a tab called "General Storage". That is where you store files from PC to iPhone.

It is not like a cloud app. Just a simple USB storage hub.

zig9449 said:
Neither.

i-FunBox is a Windows/Mac application for your computer.

You download and save it to your desktop

Plug in iPhone, open it....and that is it. It gives you access to your iPhones "raw file system".

Well it does if you jailbroken. If you are not then you can only do so much.

There is a tab called "General Storage". That is where you store files from PC to iPhone.

It is not like a cloud app. Just a simple USB storage hub.

Ah, ok, I'll remember that app when I buy my iMac. You're quite knowledgeable, I'm going to have to view your past posts and see what else I can learn :)

ardchoille said:
Ah, ok, I'll remember that app when I buy my iMac. You're quite knowledgeable, I'm going to have to view your past posts and see what else I can learn :)

Well thank you. I'm not as knowledgable as I would like to be. Some of the mods here know a lot more than me I think.lol.

Also note that i-FunBox works on Windows and Mac. You can find the link to the Mac version on the regular website. It is new and in beta (I think) but I have tried it and it works just as well as on Windows.