What's new

Tweak That Changes The Shape Of A Folder ?

rc193

Reaction score
I am looking for an app that will change shapes of folders, I googled and all i could find was folder enhancer and ringmasker which from what I have read neither do what I am looking for.

Does anybody know of such an app that will do this and the name of it ?

Thanks in advance,
rc193

You're looking for an icon mask for folders. At the moment, there aren't any known ways to apply a mask onto folder icons as it's part of the new artwork of the iOS. It's possible that it's been manually coded into the iOS and no one has found a way to modify it yet. Since themeing on iOS 7 is relatively new and Winterboard itself is not 100% fully compatible across the board on all aspects on all devices, it'll be hard to get newer aspects on ARM64 devices particularly, but still difficult on non-ARM64 devices. It's up to developers on how they snoop around the iOS artwork and whether or not they can find that specific vector that defines the folder icon.

You're looking for an icon mask for folders. At the moment, there aren't any known ways to apply a mask onto folder icons as it's part of the new artwork of the iOS. It's possible that it's been manually coded into the iOS and no one has found a way to modify it yet. Since themeing on iOS 7 is relatively new and Winterboard itself is not 100% fully compatible across the board on all aspects on all devices, it'll be hard to get newer aspects on ARM64 devices particularly, but still difficult on non-ARM64 devices. It's up to developers on how they snoop around the iOS artwork and whether or not they can find that specific vector that defines the folder icon.

once again, thanks for your reply, seems unfortunate for now but it is what it is and I will most definitely be keeping an eye out for a tweak like this.

Theme-ing on iOS 7, again, is relatively new. Winterboard hasn't received an update for iOS 7 and ARM64 support until a month after Evasi0n7 was released. With a complete overhaul of the iOS and the implementation of many changes to the iOS directories and coding, someone has to essentially pick out piece by piece every aspect of the iOS so that theme developers can work off that. Another reason why folder masks aren't available would probably be because the veteran theme artists/creators that truly revolutionized the theme-ing scene have gone into retirement or have gone on hiatus from the scene. That and since a lot of users prefer a blur-less folder icon, it's not as big of a priority as finding a way to theme UISounds and such for the newer devices. Eventually it'll get done, but it's far from here.