What's new

Turning off "New Mail" pop ups.

scotty123

Reaction score
View attachment 10567

I can't tell you how annoying these pop ups are. I can't do anything until I "dismiss" each and everyone of them. Some action is triggering them too. (It's like the grand finally in fireworks accept I appreciate the fire works). I'm not sure how I trigger them, if there's a more efficient way of dismissing them, and maybe I should turn them off in settings but I think I've tried everything.

Email notifications are good for me BUT the way it happens is "berserk". Thank you for listening. I would be extremely blessed to get a reply to resolve this.

scotty123 said:
I can't tell you how annoying these pop ups are. I can't do anything until I "dismiss" each and everyone of them. Some action is triggering them too. (It's like the grand finally in fireworks accept I appreciate the fire works). I'm not sure how I trigger them, if there's a more efficient way of dismissing them, and maybe I should turn them off in settings but I think I've tried everything.

Email notifications are good for me BUT the way it happens is "berserk". Thank you for listening. I would be extremely blessed to get a reply to resolve this.

Hi...I have my mail settings to "fetch-manually" so when I go to my mail app, it fetches for me when I want it. I use to have it fetch every 15 minutes and it was crazy. Maybe fetch less.

Check your settings/mail, calendar, contact.

You'll probably get the impression that the smart phone isn't at the right priority in my life and therefore I have "problems". I tend to chip away at little things on the phone that don't seem right, so please bear with me.

As for the fetching, at current I think I'm fetching all manually. That is, when I open my mail or sometimes something else will trigger the "onslaught" of "dismiss" or "read" pop ups for each individual piece of mail :(( sometimes this is a lot of mail. I don't even want this feature, the pop up. Can this be turned off?? It's a nuisance. My wife has the same phone and hers doesn't do this. I suppose I could compare her settings to mine.

You can turn the alert setting off under notifications. The email will still come in, just won't popup telling you it's there.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Silverado8405 said:
You can turn the alert setting off under notifications. The email will still come in, just won't popup telling you it's there.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

They are all off. Sorry so short. Early in the morning and just checking news feeds. Thanks for your help.