What's new

How to turn off text alerts.

JoeRox

Reaction score
Someone PLEASE tell me there is a way to turn off text pop up alerts without turning off the sound notifier. I hate that if I get text messages while I am on the phone, I have to ignore all the pop ups before I can even hang up the call!! Someone PLEASEEEEE help.

(I don't have a hacked iphone4)

I don't think you can prevent the pop up from happening on an iPhone (non jailbreak), without touching the sound notifier as you said. I think the most you can do is stop the SMS from showing the preview of the text, which is Settings -> Messaging -> Show Preview - Off.

Thanks... I was afraid of that. I cannot believe that is not already an option. Apple really disappoints me most of the time.

Yeah I agree that there a fair few things that you should be able to do, but can't with the stock iOS.

Probably why a decent amount of people JB their phones, so they can have it do those little things that you can't normally.

Trying disabling that text preview and see if that helps you at all :(

Yeah I agree that there a fair few things that you should be able to do, but can't with the stock iOS.

Probably why a decent amount of people JB their phones, so they can have it do those little things that you can't normally.

Trying disabling that text preview and see if that helps you at all :(

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk