What's new

Turn off Facebook Sync

rabidkeebler

Reaction score
So I'm new to the iphone (had an android, just got my iphone 5). I'm still getting used to everything and installing my apps. I installed the Facebook app and it asked me if I wanted to sync. I made the mistake of saying yes. Now my contact list is full of people I don't want in there and I can't delete them. Anyone have any idea of how undo this. All the sites that talk about doing this refer to an older version of Facebook and iOS so nothing is leading me to a "Turn the Sync Off" switch.

GOD BLESS YOU!!! I've been digging through the facebook app for the last two hours trying to get this fixed.

You can also go into the contacts application press groups and deselect Facebook friends from contacts. This way the ppl in your contacts will be updated with their Facebook picture and information.

Thank you so much!! Goes to show, search topics before posting a new one.

Once you turn off FB syncing, if you tap the "update all contacts" it will remove all the contacts FB put in but NOT the ones you put in manually. I use a free app called "sync.me" it does the same thing (syncs your contacts with FB contacts) BUT it only syncs with contacts already in your phone so you don't wind up with a bunch of people that you don't want in your contacts. It also adds their FB info to the info you already have instead of replacing it so your friend's non FB emails stay in tact.