What's new

Trying to make my own theme need some help?

k8gixx6

Reaction score
Hey all just got my iphone a couple days ago came from a droid so I'm looking for a little customization. I have jailbroken with greenpois0n and have installed winterboard, open ssh and sbsettings. I am using infraview to resize pictures and ifunbox to put themes on the iphone. I'm following a video tutorial on youtube. Problems I got as I have just done some basic things so far like set my own wallpaper and try to set my own lockscreen image.

The wallpaper works fine but I cannot get the lockscreen image to appear after I respring winterboard nothing happens with the lockscreen? I have followed everything in the tutorial both images are sized to 380x420 name png files dragged theme to themes folder in ifunbox. This may be a dumb question but the lock screen is the screen where the slider is to open the phone correct? I also tried to add a slider image nothing there either just stays "stock" I guess i'd call it? Any help or tips you all can give me tried this over and over again and nothing.

is the picture supposed to be a jpg file or png file I originally saved as png as thats what the tutorial had told me to do but then I found another site that said to use jpg for lockscreen still no luck? Also I have tried through ifunbox now, and winscp still no luck I can get the same image to work for the wallpaper but not the lockscreen it will not change...im running 4.2.6 newest greenpoison out as far as i know someone give me some advice please

Last edited:
All images must be .png as far as I know. I would suggest only using ssh to put your themes in the winterboard folder.

Make sure you've got everything named and structured just right. I don't know if capitals makes a difference but I would just use lowercase unless told otherwise...

All images must be .png as far as I know. I would suggest only using ssh to put your themes in the winterboard folder.

Make sure you've got everything named and structured just right. I don't know if capitals makes a difference but I would just use lowercase unless told otherwise...

Well I was told and i've only seen that your supposed to use the file name as LockBackground exactly like that but I have not tried with no capitals to see if it works. And what do you mean use just ssh? I thought you had to use a file transfering program like I have been to get into the root of the phone through your computer?

Well if you've been told otherwise then use capitals.

The best way to find out how to structure a theme and get everything named right is to download a theme of the same type your wanting to create. Take lockscreen for example. Download a lockscreen theme from cydia then ssh to you phone and copy the .theme folder from your phone to your computer and have a good look around.

Open SSH is a wireless file transfer between your phone and PC/mac. Once set up it gets you into the root folder of your phone without having to plug it in. Just send the .theme folder to your phone, respring and it will be there in winterboard providing you've put it in the right place...

Well if you've been told otherwise then use capitals.

The best way to find out how to structure a theme and get everything named right is to download a theme of the same type your wanting to create. Take lockscreen for example. Download a lockscreen theme from cydia then ssh to you phone and copy the .theme folder from your phone to your computer and have a good look around.

Open SSH is a wireless file transfer between your phone and PC/mac. Once set up it gets you into the root folder of your phone without having to plug it in. Just send the .theme folder to your phone, respring and it will be there in winterboard providing you've put it in the right place...

Oh I have been trying to do it with ssh on while the phone is plugged into the pc maybe this could be part of the problem i wonder..

Open SSH is wirless. You need a PC on the same wifi network and a programme like winSCP to send the files across (tunnelling)...

Open SSH is wirless. You need a PC on the same wifi network and a programme like winSCP to send the files across (tunnelling)...

Yep just tried this also when I download a theme like you said from cydia with a lockscreen image it does not show up either after I respring in winterboard? This is really getting annoying lol..I have downloaded three different ones from cydia and none work on the lockscreen...wallpapers icons and everything else does but not the lockscreen image.

Just tired deleting all my themes..downloading a new complete theme from cydia turnings summerboard mode on and off the lockscreen image WILL NOT CHANGE for anything.

when ssh'ing the themes should be placed in var,stash,themes correct? I make a photo 320x480 save as LockBackground as a png file and place it in the themes folder and it does nothing still.

Last edited:
Do you have a verzion iPhone? Or are on 4.2.1? Alot of lockscreen themes aren't working correctly for either.

I'm using sublime lock hd at the moment. It works apart from the fact that I can't choose my own background...

Do you have a verzion iPhone? Or are on 4.2.1? Alot of lockscreen themes aren't working correctly for either.

I'm using sublime lock hd at the moment. It works apart from the fact that I can't choose my own background...

I have verizon iphone..my version is 4.2.6 I believe...yeah i read that just this morning that some themes dont work right with it..but I would think I would still be able to just put on my own lockscreen background..

I can't use my own lockscreen background. Im only on 4.2.1...

Well guess I just can't do it then lol...is there any other jailbreak for the verizon phone besides greenpoison 4.2.6?

Never used it myself but I believe snowbreeze works on 4.2.6. It's worth a try but I don't think it will make a difference...

Never used it myself but I believe snowbreeze works on 4.2.6. It's worth a try but I don't think it will make a difference...

Yeah I doubt it guess I'll just wait till someone fixes it lol.