What's new

Trying to find iPhone's IMEI/ESN while device is locked and charging port broken....?

haoleflip

Reaction score
Hello! Like the title says, I have an iPhone here that I bought to repair and I am trying to find the IMEI or ESN to check it to make sure it will be ok to activate after I repair it. The phone has a broken charging port and will not connect to my computer via itunes, etc. The phone also has a password lock on it, so I can't even get into the phone's settings to find out. So as you can tell I am kind of up a river without a paddle here lol. Does anyone know of any other way I can either bypass this password and reset the phone or some other way I can find the IMEI of the device? Thanks!

It's impossible to bypass the passcode. The only way to do so into wipe your device by restoring it. If you have the box of the device, you can check out the IMEI on the box. Otherwise, you'd need to fix the port first.the only other way to get them is if the device is currently active, and you can open up your account page for your carrier and they should show you either your IMEI, ESN or both

Sent from my iPad via Tapatalk

Thanks for your reply.

This is why I'll never own an Apple product. They are way too proprietary, greedy and confusing. Why can't they just put the ESN/IMEI on the back of the phone like EVERY other phone ever made lol? Horrible...

The back panel is glass, not plastic like every other device. Since you can't relive the back panel without specific tools, it's be impracticality to engrave IMEIs and ESNs on the back panel since if it messes up, you'd have to remake an entire panel again just for that one phone

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk

Most checkers will show your ESN as clean if you input the IMEI, making it an unreliable way to find whether your IMEI or ESN is blacklisted

Most checkers will show your ESN as clean if you input the IMEI, making it an unreliable way to find whether your IMEI or ESN is blacklisted

Oh, I know. I run a business and I have multiple carrier accounts, so checking the ESN is never an issue. I just needed to know how to find it on the device with the condition it's in.

Pop out the SIM card holder. The IMEI and Serial No are written right there on the SIM Holder tray.

They do put the IMEI on the back of the iphone, at least its on the bck of my 5. The problem for youis the phone is passcode locked.