What's new

New docking port, but will not charge still

Alltexan2010

Reaction score
I have a 3GS that was given to me that charged once and then gives the "Accessory not supported" message. Itunes will sync but the phone does not ever show the charging symbol, other than the initial charge that was successful. I replaced the docking port thinking that would fix it. I was able to get one charge again. Now I am back to the "Accessory not supported" message. I have rechecked all connections. I have tried multiple Apple chargers, and wall, usb connections, etc. Can anyone suggest the next thing to attempt? I am well out of warranty obviously.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
You using oem charge and USB ? U directly plugged into the wall ? I've had same problem
Got new charger and phone works fine now

I have bought a new OEM charger and tried several different ones. I have taken it in and had the docking port replaced. The phone is jailbroken and has 5.1.1 on it. The techs who replaced the dock told me that because I have a jailbroken 3GS and because I have the latest iOS, there is a glitch and I will get this message. The phone charges, but it never SHOWS it's charging. I never get anything other than "Charging is not supported by this accessory". At least it's charging. I just wish it would show it and not display this message anymore. I guess I have to just deal with it. Going back to the default and losing my jailbreak isn't worth it.

U can backup ?
If so
Backup
Restore / jailbreak / unlock

Or maybe you've tried that

I can try that. The guys at the shop made it sound like it was just a glitch in the 3GS after jailbreaking when you used 5.1.1. Is that not true? Does anyone use a 3GS that is jailbroken with 5.1.1 and they can charge successfully without getting that message?

Thanks for the reply Jonolach. I guess the only difference is that you have a 16gb and I have an 8gb, but that shouldn't matter. At least I know that there are others out there that can charge normally with the latest iOS and that are jailbroken. I appreciate it.

I have an unlocked, jailbroken iPhone 3GS 8gb and it charges normally. Jonolach's idea is probably what I'd do under your circumstances.