What's new

tried to update jailbroken iphone OTA

cybergiannis

Reaction score
Hello. I had no idea about iphones, i come for the dark side :p (android). I was given a jailbroken 3gs and i kept having the notification about updating to 6.1.3. i hit ok and as u know ( i didn't) im on that screen where i have to connect the iphone to itunes. when trying to restore it i get the (-1) error. I was said to try to get to that mode dfu mode and install the 6.1.3 ipsw but that didn't work neither. i got the same error. is there anything i can do to bring back to life the phone?

Try using RedSn0w's restore feature to restore instead of iTunes. Preserve the baseband while you're at it.

Download RedSn0w 0.9.15 beta 3. Download the 6.1.3 IPSW for your device if you haven't already. Run RedSn0w as an admin if applicable. Head to Extras > Even More > Restore. Select IPSW and point it to the clean 6.1.3 that you downloaded. For blobs, if prompted to, select remote. Then a pop-up should come up saying that your device is a 3GS and that you can preserve your baseband and such. Say that you do want to preserve your baseband. Follow the on-screen instructions. At the end, if you're still at the Recovery Mode screen, then you'll need to use a Recovery Fix in Extras > Recovery Fix.

Try using RedSn0w's restore feature to restore instead of iTunes. Preserve the baseband while you're at it.

Download RedSn0w 0.9.15 beta 3. Download the 6.1.3 IPSW for your device if you haven't already. Run RedSn0w as an admin if applicable. Head to Extras > Even More > Restore. Select IPSW and point it to the clean 6.1.3 that you downloaded. For blobs, if prompted to, select remote. Then a pop-up should come up saying that your device is a 3GS and that you can preserve your baseband and such. Say that you do want to preserve your baseband. Follow the on-screen instructions. At the end, if you're still at the Recovery Mode screen, then you'll need to use a Recovery Fix in Extras > Recovery Fix.
Thanks for the help. Everything seems to be going well until phone rebooted and then the operation stucked on "waiting for device|" It doesn't do anything else. and phone still says connect to itunes

Do a recovery fix on the "Waiting for Device" portion. I'm not sure if this is a bug or something but with jailbreaking and restoring iOS 6.X, there are many cases of this happening, but either Just Boot or a Recovery Fix would get it up and running again

Do a recovery fix on the "Waiting for Device" portion. I'm not sure if this is a bug or something but with jailbreaking and restoring iOS 6.X, there are many cases of this happening, but either Just Boot or a Recovery Fix would get it up and running again
you mean when i restore and the process freezes on "waiting for device" i should force close the program, start it again and hit the "fix recovery" or "just boot"?

Which portion of the restore does it freeze at Waiting for Device. Did it finish the restore process already? Or is it after the part where it asks to put the device into DFU.