What's new

Trying to downgrade to 6.1.3

Ferdaus

Reaction score
Hello guys,

Well, I'm tryna downgrade to 6.1.3 (using iTunes 11.0.5) I know it's old, it's the only one which supports downgrading using custom IPSW and gives you the 6.1.3 update directly, and I keep getting Error 3194 or it saying the servers aren't available. I fixed the error 3194 then the server one came along then I fixed that and got the error 3194 again. Can someone help me fix this? I don't like iOS 7 and I'm tryna downgrade in recovery mode, another reason is because I forgot my iCloud password & it keeps asking me for it & if I restore the whole thing it'll ask me for that again. I'm really pissed off at apple for their security, spoke to them on the phone and they told me to give the other department a call, Apple is mind dead, not helping at all. I have proof it's mine, bill of purchase, date of purchase & so on.

Thanks,
Ferdaus

Last edited by a moderator:
If you don't have valid SHSH blobs and APTickets, you cannot downgrade your device. If you have a custom IPSW, you must first put your device into Pwned DFU mode using a utility such as RedSn0w or iFaith first, then Shift/Command + Restore.

If you forgot your iCloud password, reset the password using your recovery/secondary email that you should have supplied to AppleID when you first registered the AppleID.

Also note that we're a family-based forum, keep the language at a professional level, regardless of frustration level.

My device isn't jailbroken, it's an iPad mini, the apple id was an @icloud.com account which now has been blocked meaning I have no access to it at all.

Thanks,
Ferdaus

The iPad mini cannot be downgraded since there's no iBoot or bootrom exploit. So even if you have blobs, they won't work because you can't place it into Pwned DFU

Sent from my iPhone via Tapa

I've tried 100 times with no luck:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've tried 100 times with no luck:( Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It doesn't matter how many times you try, you can't downgrade the iOS on an iPad mini. The reasons have been thoroughly explained by willerz2 in his post earlier in the thread.

It doesn't matter how many times you try, you can't downgrade the iOS on an iPad mini. The reasons have been thoroughly explained by willerz2 in his post earlier in the thread.

My apologies, I only read the first post. I was trying with my iPhone 5. I'm not sure about the iPad's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My apologies, I only read the first post. I was trying with my iPhone 5. I'm not sure about the iPad's Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The same thing applies to the iPhone 4S and newer, they can't be downgraded either.