What's new

Transplanted from iPad forum and looking at iPhones ......

EOD99

Reaction score
Looking at getting an iPhone to keep my iPad, iMac, iPod, etc. company. AT&T is a given, only thing now is to decide on an iPhone. 3GS for free, 4 for $99 or a 4S for $199 ?

Any suggestions?

Moderation Notice:​ This post has been edited by the iPhoneForums staff in accordance with the Forum Rules No External Links

Last edited:
I would not get either, go with the 4S.. but if you cant get the 4S then for sure the 4... the 3GS is old and will soon struggle to keep up with firmware updates. I am surprised it has gone on this long

Unleashed said:
I would not get either, go with the 4S.. but if you cant get the 4S then for sure the 4... the 3GS is old and will soon struggle to keep up with firmware updates. I am surprised it has gone on this long

+1 The 3GS will very soon be outdated... and it's interesting that Apple has chose to keep it in the mix. As far as the 4 or 4S goes... if you can afford $100 then you can pull of $200 for the 4S.

EOD, since you'll have a two-year contract to deal with anyways, spend the extra money and get the best: the 4s. Two years is a long time wishing you should have done so -- if you go with the 3GS or the 4.

EWyatt said:
EOD, since you'll have a two-year contract to deal with anyways, spend the extra money and get the best: the 4s. Two years is a long time wishing you should have done so -- if you go with the 3GS or the 4.

Plus one