What's new

transfering data from old to new iphone via itunes

mira_ishak

Reaction score
I've a couple of specific questions regarding getting a ne iphone and transferring data from an old iphone via itunes:
When I first get the new phone out of the box, I it better to place the slim card in it first or to connect it to itunes and set it up first? I mean sometimes there are items setup related to the carrier, that's why I'm wondering if the sim card is required.

Second question is that, if I chose in itunes "restore from previous backup" instead of setup as a new phone, in case the new phone doesn't th latest software version, still the restore process first download the latest ios an thus take forever, or is it simply going to restore the data an I can later update the new ios quicker from the phone itself?

The third question is that when I get th new phone out of th box, do I get a chance to check for ios update from the phone, or is connecting to itunes the first step in case I want to restore data of an older phone?

Just backup to the cloud, set up new phone with apple I'd and let it get on with it ..
You won't have your music but everything else, get it working nicely , then copy over music