What's new

Transfer music library from iPhone to computer

gotmilk0112

Reaction score
^What the topic says.

After my first SSD died, I lost the iTunes library data/settings (like album and artist settings, as well as start/end times on songs, etc.) and while I've found programs that transfer the raw mp3 files from the iPhone to the computer, I haven't found anything that transfers the library sorting data as well.

Basically, I need a program that will keep the artist/album sorting on albums intact when transfering the music to the computer. I've got tons and tons of artist sorting, and it'd be a pita to re-edit everything. IE, I have an album that has like, 10 different artists, and when I added it to iTunes, it showed up on my iPhone as 10 different albums, so I just blanked out all the Artist fields so that all the songs would show up within 1 album.

previsouly in your ssd iTunes music folder, was the music displaying like you wanting to show up now? If no, then just copy all the songs from your iPhone to a folder in my music location in your computer, open up iTunes and drag and drop that folder into iTunes, iTunes will automatically arrange artworks and music very well.

previsouly in your ssd iTunes music folder, was the music displaying like you wanting to show up now? If no, then just copy all the songs from your iPhone to a folder in my music location in your computer, open up iTunes and drag and drop that folder into iTunes, iTunes will automatically arrange artworks and music very well.

Yeah, that's what I did, I ripped the mp3 files off my iPhone and put them in the music folder, then added them to iTunes...all the album/artist sorting from my iPhone was gone. Along with start/end time settings for some songs.

A lot of my music doesn't have its own artist/album settings, so I set them manually, which is why I want to keep all of my album/artist settings intact. It'd take forever to re-assign albums and artists to all my music.

Yeah, that's what I did, I ripped the mp3 files off my iPhone and put them in the music folder, then added them to iTunes...all the album/artist sorting from my iPhone was gone. Along with start/end time settings for some songs.

A lot of my music doesn't have its own artist/album settings, so I set them manually, which is why I want to keep all of my album/artist settings intact. It'd take forever to re-assign albums and artists to all my music.

Unfortunately, you will have to do that work your self. Music start/end time art works to a specific music and so on. iTunes apply the default settings to your music and that's it basically any additional setting on your music have to be done by you. You can select several music at the same time and set starting and ending time on them or go one by one.

Are you sure? There's really no way to get album/artist settings off of the device? That sucks. :( The start/end time doesn't matter much, it was only 3 or 4 songs anyways; it's the album/artist sorting that I want to save.

Take a backup to your local drive; you will get all library files in your local drive.
I can't take a backup to my local drive, the iPhone is not synced to this hard drive, it's synced to my old SSD, which is dead and gone.

It IS backed up to iCloud, however.

Are you sure? There's really no way to get album/artist settings off of the device? That sucks. :( The start/end time doesn't matter much, it was only 3 or 4 songs anyways; it's the album/artist sorting that I want to save.

If iTunes on your computer was capable of syncing music from your iPhone iPod app library into iTunes library on your computer, then it could have been possible, but that's not the case, you can only sync music from your computer to your iPhone iPod app library. At this point you will have to redo everything manually because even if you find a software capable of collecting the albums arts info from your iPhone to your computer, how are you going to tell iTunes to recognize them and sync and match them to your computer iTunes library? No way other than doing it manually just like you did it the first time.

Although you cannot EDITED - no website link via USB cable directly, iCloud or iTunes is a good tool for all apple users.
1. Make sure that your iPhone is connecting with Wi-Fi.
2. Go to setting>iCloud>music> Backup. And all songs is backup to iCloud. Of course you are required to log in your Apple account.
3.Log in Apple account again on your computer iCloud, and you can sync music from the backup files.

Last edited by a moderator: