What's new

Transfer iPhone to PC software

christa7766

Reaction score
Hello, I recently purchased the TouchCopy software in order to transfer all of my music from my iPhone to my brand new PC (Geek Squad was unable to transfer it all from my hard drive..long story). SO, I proceeded with the transfer, but not all of my music was able to be moved using the program. I do not know why, so I guess that it my first question..has anyone used this & had this happen?

I've considered purchasing another software program, "CopyTrans", as it was rated #1 on About.com, in the hopes that it would accomplish the movement of ALL of my music onto my PC/iTunes. I'm afraid that it might interfere or really screw something up since I've already attempted using the first software.
Has anyone used this program or had any issues with using one or more software programs? I would appreciate any and all feedback!

Thanks!

why aren't you using iTunes...? how did you get the music on your iPhone in the first place...?

I am using iTunes..since I set up a new pc, my itunes library is blank, so, I'm moving it from my iphone back onto my pc and iTunes.

If you have an external storage device(large memory stick, external HDD) you can copy the iTunes library (from the old computer) to it, then transfer the whole library to your new computer...... You will no longer have any need to transfer the music off your iPhone to the computer(New).

I have access and use 2 computers in the house....iTunes runs on both computers...they both share a common library of music,apps,everything..which is stored on a external HDD which just gets moved between the computers...

If you have an external storage device(large memory stick, external HDD) you can copy the iTunes library (from the old computer) to it, then transfer the whole library to your new computer...... You will no longer have any need to transfer the music off your iPhone to the computer(New).

I have access and use 2 computers in the house....iTunes runs on both computers...they both share a common library of music,apps,everything..which is stored on a external HDD which just gets moved between the computers...
That's exactly what I do. Got a large external HDD with all my music/video. If an external hard drive isn't an option and a large enough memory stick isn't available, I have used iFunbox in the past to transfer music from phone to PC. Just connect device click recovery music select all then copy to PC. But, as Bula said, I would recommend a good external HDD. Nothing's simper than having all your music on an external.

Thanks, the problem is, I no longer have access to the old computer or hard drive.

Thanks, the problem is, I no longer have access to the old computer or hard drive.
If you no longer have access to the old computer and are jailbroken, Just download ifunbox or a similar program they are free just google it, and follow the directions I gave in my previous post

Thank you Waldoe, the ifunbox worked out great for me!

If you no longer have access to the old computer and are jailbroken, Just download ifunbox or a similar program they are free just google it, and follow the directions I gave in my previous post