What's new

Tranferring music from a CD to your iPhone

Tricon7

Reaction score
I have a few songs on a CD of mine, and I want to put them in my iPod on my iPhone. To do this, is it a simple matter of putting the music CD in my computer, finding the music in Windows Explorer, right-clicking the song in question and select "Copy," then drop it in the iPhone (where all my other music is) after I've synced it up with the computer? Will it be in a format I can listen to?

I have a few songs on a CD of mine, and I want to put them in my iPod on my iPhone. To do this, is it a simple matter of putting the music CD in my computer, finding the music in Windows Explorer, right-clicking the song in question and select "Copy," then drop it in the iPhone (where all my other music is) after I've synced it up with the computer? Will it be in a format I can listen to?

Just put the cd into the computer. ITunes can download the info for you and convert it to a appropriate format. Just drag into iPhone after that

Just put the cd into the computer. ITunes can download the info for you and convert it to a appropriate format. Just drag into iPhone after that

Wow. Go, iTunes. I'll try that when I get home. So once the music CD is loaded into the computer, iTunes automatically detects it and - bam! - it shows in the program? I guess I could just select which songs from the CD I wanted in my iPod and drag them in. Very nice.

Wow. Go, iTunes. I'll try that when I get home. So once the music CD is loaded into the computer, iTunes automatically detects it and - bam! - it shows in the program? I guess I could just select which songs from the CD I wanted in my iPod and drag them in. Very nice.

Yeah. There will be a check mark that you could deselect if you want.

Would an audiobook CD work the same? I tried this and when I drag to iPhone, I get a buster symbol.