What's new

Transferring music from the iPhone to the laptop - how?

Tricon7

Reaction score
For the life of me, I can't figure out once I've connected my iPhone to my laptop, how to transfer songs to my laptop. I can't find the music on the iPhone through Windows Explorer, so I've been hunting in iTunes. But no matter where I look or what I select, I can't figure out how to do it. I can't right-click and select "transfer". I can't click-and-drag. I right-click "music" and select "export," but it prompts me to look on my laptop - not my iPhone where the music is.

I hate iTunes, btw.

Tricon7 said:
And specifically how is that done?

To transfer from the iphone to the pc you need to be jailbroke and use a tool like "itools" on your pc. Then plug your phone into your pc, open itools and open the music section and copy from there

Never been the biggest iTools fan but it will do the job OP needs done. And it is user friendly.

I don't really want to jailbreak. I hear it's not as simple as it sounds, and it can lead to complications if not done correctly. At least with the recent court ruling, Verizon couldn't void my unlimited data contract if they discovered that I jailbroke my iPhone. But I'm still back to square one.

Is there a not-too-complicated way to burn CDs from the music I've downloaded on my iPhone, which is my ultimate goal?

Did you get the answer you needed, Tricon7? :) Welcome to the iTunes world.
This is why I'm (almost) seriously considering an Android or Windows phone when my current iPhone "expires."
Let us know how you resolved your situation....

Did you get the answer you needed, Tricon7? :) Welcome to the iTunes world.
This is why I'm (almost) seriously considering an Android or Windows phone when my current iPhone "expires."
Let us know how you resolved your situation....

Fail, fail, fail.

I managed to get the songs off iTunes and onto my computer - finally. I selected Music under Library in iTunes, right-clicked on every title I wanted to burn, and selected Copy. I then pasted into a folder on my hard drive. I opened Windows Explorer, right-clicked > Send to > E: drive (my CD drive). It told me I had files to burn, and I burned to a CD. After it was done, I tried playing it in my car's CD player. All I got was a hum and one long track instead of 12.

I also tried Windows Media Player. I dragged and dropped the songs from my computer folder and dropped them in the right side of the window, then clicked Start Burn. It seemed to burn them all to CD, but when I tried to play it in my car, I got the same thing. A hum (like soft feedback) and one long track instead of a lot.

Admittedly, I don't have the newest vehicle (a Ford Explorer '97), but I"ve burned many CDs and still play them all the time in there. I thought I used Windows Media Player, but it's sure not working now. I don't know what program to use now, and I can't afford to keep burning CDs just to toss them in the trash when they don't work.

Last edited:
yes, just do it , To transfer from the iphone to the pc you need to be jailbroke and use a tool like "itools" on your pc. Then plug your phone into your pc, open itools and open the music section and copy from there .i agree,
30.jpg
:home:

Why don't you buy a simple cassette adapter from Best Buy and play your music directly off your phone?

Why don't you buy a simple cassette adapter from Best Buy and play your music directly off your phone?

I want to listen to CDs in my car. I already have a CD player in there, and I don't have the money for an expensive iPhone adapter to go in there. Besides, my cassette player in my car doesn't work. :>(