What's new

Touch ID problem, please help

onepuddle

Reaction score
Hey All

I'm trying to disable Touch ID on my iPhone 6. It's played me up a bit and it's not necessary, not for me anyway. The problem I have is that it just will not die. I go into Touch ID and Passcode and enter my passcode and then I "disable" the "Use Touch ID For" green buttons, but when I go back into my settings it persists in telling me I need Touch ID to access my passwords and other settings. I'm not much of a techie but I thought I had this sorted out, so any help gratefully received!

OP

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

If you’ve still set up fingerprints, they’ll be needed in the Settings app when you want to see saved passwords. Disabling “Password AutoFill” just affects Safari’s websites, not your Settings app.

Remove your fingerprints in the Settings app - Touch ID & Passcode. When you take a look at your passwords next time, you’ll have to enter your passcode.

Hope that helps.

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

If you’ve still set up fingerprints, they’ll be needed in the Settings app when you want to see saved passwords. Disabling “Password AutoFill” just affects Safari’s websites, not your Settings app.

Remove your fingerprints in the Settings app - Touch ID & Passcode. When you take a look at your passwords next time, you’ll have to enter your passcode.

Hope that helps.

Thank you so much. Before I do this, will this delete my prints completely or is there an option just to turn them off? :)

You’ll have to remove them completely.
If you need Touch ID again, just set up your fingerprint/s once more.