What's new

Total newbie

banjaboy

Reaction score
Hi all, in my 6th decade of life I have sadly buried my lovely Blackberry, entered the 21st century and got an 4S. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! Just cant believe how much better it is than my beloved Blackberry. anyway, as an old fart, I'm slowly getting the hang of this device. I did the Icloud thing yesterday. I think I have got everything connected, my PC laptop, my Ipad and my phone. When I take a pic with the phone it seems to take forever to get transferred. I read somewhere that the phone has to be connected to Wi fi, locked and something else I cant quite rember. If there is anyone out there that could explain in simple words to this trying to be smart old fart how to ensure the transfer takes place I would be really happy. Am I correct in thinking if the former is true, a picture wont transfer if I am out and about on the network and my phone is not connected to Wi fi....HELP!!

Hi all, in my 6th decade of life I have sadly buried my lovely Blackberry, entered the 21st century and got an 4S. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! Just cant believe how much better it is than my beloved Blackberry. anyway, as an old fart, I'm slowly getting the hang of this device. I did the Icloud thing yesterday. I think I have got everything connected, my PC laptop, my Ipad and my phone. When I take a pic with the phone it seems to take forever to get transferred. I read somewhere that the phone has to be connected to Wi fi, locked and something else I cant quite rember. If there is anyone out there that could explain in simple words to this trying to be smart old fart how to ensure the transfer takes place I would be really happy. Am I correct in thinking if the former is true, a picture wont transfer if I am out and about on the network and my phone is not connected to Wi fi....HELP!!
Hi, welcome to the forum! Here are a few helpful links. cv| iPhone tips | iPhone Tips & Tricks | What is jailbreaking? | Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure? | iPhone Unlocking Guide for BeginnersiPhoneForums.net Mobile App

iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules

poisonivy……iPF STAFF.

banjaboy said:

What are you transferring photos to?

are you just trying to transfer then to iCloud?

For that all you need to do us have Photo Stream enabled.

The photos will sync to iCloud when you are connected to wifi at home.

You dont have to do anything.

iCloud will sync pics to all devices logged in under your apple id. As soon as one device connects to a wifi, it uploads all photos in that device to your iCloud server which distributes it to all other devices under that apple id. Example: 1 take a pic in public. 2 travel home. 3 phone connects to home wifi. 4 sit at laptop and see new pic. 5 grab iPad and see new pic. Etc etc.