What's new

Tonefx Not Overriding

krissibex

Reaction score
I finally jailbroke my phone and installed tonefx and it worked great but after installing iRealsms the text sound from tonefx isn't overriding the standard SMS tone. Everything else works fine but that. I reinstalled tonefx and everything. Can anyone help?

-iPhone TapaTalk-

I finally jailbroke my phone and installed tonefx and it worked great but after installing iRealsms the text sound from tonefx isn't overriding the standard SMS tone. Everything else works fine but that. I reinstalled tonefx and everything. Can anyone help?

-iPhone TapaTalk-

Hi Krissibex. I just jailbroke my iPhone last night, and downloaded ToneFX and had the SAME exact problem. Everything works fine, but I used my Wife's iPhone to send me test texts, and when her text would come through, my iPhone would just play the standard SMS tone that was set in my standard settings.
I could not find anyone with the same problem except you, and I tried sending an email to Efiko's support but no response yet. But I noticed when I went to their site it says ToneFX 2.0, and what I paid $1.99 for was ToneFX Lite ver 1.6-something. So I decided to take the risk and shell out an additional $1.99 in hopes it would fix the problem. (They won't make you pay $4.99 since you already paid for Lite, so they just charge $1.99 to upgrade to PRO version 2.0)
After I upgraded, everything works the way it is supposed to now, at least so far. You don't have to hit save either, you just change the setting you want and exit. I tried sending a test text, and it plays my Donkey Kong sound that I ripped from a website and loaded to it using their ToneFX Creator which actually works pretty smooth!
See if you have the LITE version, and if you don't mind spending an extra 2 bucks, it might work for you as well.
You have to go into Cydia and search for ToneFX. (It is not in the main Cydia store. You have to go into the Cydia store and search for ToneFX. 2 results will come up, and of course download the one that says 2.0)
It will download and install oer the LITE version, and then you have to go into MANAGE>PACKAGE>ToneFXs 2 (Pro) and pay the $1.99 and you are good to go.

Hope this helps. -Hoffy

Ok you rock!!!! That worked perfectly and 2.0 is even better and worth the $. Thank you so much!! I had about given up I so was annoyed

-iPhone TapaTalk-

No prob. :) Glad it worked for you, and wasn't just a fluke on my end. My only guess is maybe they stopped updating the Lite version. They never replied back to my email.

What is the difference between overriding and hiding methods in Java? When is one implemented and why, and in what situations is one used over the other? I've seen many code examples, so I would appreciate if anyone can give me a verbal explanation. THanks!!

What is the difference between overriding and hiding methods in Java? When is one implemented and why, and in what situations is one used over the other? I've seen many code examples, so I would appreciate if anyone can give me a verbal explanation. THanks!!

Maybe the term we are using "overriding" is not accurate. I don't know jack about the way Apple's OS works. I am definitely a Windows-oriented person. All I know is that ToneFX is suppose to work in leu of the iPhone's inernal sound settings. When you try and go into the normal sound settings (and ToneFX is installed), a window pops up that says "ToneFX is used to manage your sound settings" So I am assuming that there is a command somewhere in my iPhone that is tricking it into thinking ToneFX is the Sound settings menu.
That's all I've got. Hopefully someone else can elabrate more on your question. It would definitely help me learn more about Apple or Java's functionallity a little better!

Does anyone know where Pro moved the tones to? Since Pro doesn't work right I went back to Lite and now all my sound effects have been moved. I hate that Pro mixes Ringtones with sound effects.

For lite you have to make and add the tones from your computer but with Pro it lets you use the ringtones you already have on the phone. Maybe it makes you make and add them all again with lite, not sure.

Yeah but the problem I have is that when I upgraded to Pro it must have moved the location of my sound effects cuz when I went back to Lite none of my sound effects are there anymore.

No prob. :) Glad it worked for you, and wasn't just a fluke on my end. My only guess is maybe they stopped updating the Lite version. They never replied back to my email.

My ToneFx Pro (2) won't let me change the "unlock" sound. Everything else works great, but i can't get rid of that "click" when i unlock. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.:confused:

Same here. I use iOS 5.0.1 Jb and Tonefx1 works fine but it doesnt have volumecontrol like the 2.0. So i must edit and send the sounds over and over again for the right volume. So i installed the pro 2.0.4, all works fine but the only prob i have is that the unlocksound is still standart iPhonesound. I have no other soundchangingapps installed, i hope they work on a fix

No, not just that. I got tired of having to deal with the jailbreak. You pay enough for a phone, and i believe that you should be able to customize it, right out of the box, the way that you want it. Right now, my Android is like a jailbroken iPhone on steroids, and i've only tweaked it with an app or two from the Android Market. No rooting, or jail breaking, whatsoever.