What's new

To case or not to case?

mikej798

Reaction score
I have always had this worry about dropping my iPhone since it is glass front and back so when out I use a case but I have always hated using cases because they cover up the beauty of the iPhone. So what do you guys recommend any good cases out there that expose the beauty or should I just start rocking the iPhone naked? Thanks Mike

mikej798 said:
I have always had this worry about dropping my iPhone since it is glass front and back so when out I use a case but I have always hated using cases because they cover up the beauty of the iPhone. So what do you guys recommend any good cases out there that expose the beauty or should I just start rocking the iPhone naked? Thanks Mike

I'm the same exact way. I hate to cover the beauty of the iPhone.

At first I didn't use any kind of case.....until I dropped it.lol.

As a compromise I use an SGP Neo Hybrid ][s bumper. It is awesome for people that don't like to fully cover up there device. I use the silver one.

Go to this site to check them out: http://www.spigen.com/cell-phone/ap...one-4-4s-case-neo-hybrid-2s-vivid-series.html

This is the *Vivid* version. The one I wish I would have gotten.

Mine is a black rubber bumper that had a plastic piece that goes over it. It look great keeps the back and front surface of the phone from touching anything, and is quite durable considering what it actually is.

It is not *full* protection but it is still good protection while keeping the beauty of the device.

I'm the same way about cases. Can't stand to see a beautiful design all covered up, even in the name of protection. However, I've found that the bare phone is too easy to drop, and without some kind of protection that could be disaster. So, for me the bumper case is a compromise I can live with. I'm an old guy and I'm pretty easy on the phone in general and not too likely to drop it once I have the grip of the bumper. I then use a leather holster on my belt to hold the phone when I'm not using it. Zig, I like the look of the Spigen bumpers. Will have to check them out.

I went minimal with the otter commuter series (at least it was for me coming from the defender) but I take it off on the weekend to let it be naked. If the case wasn't such a pain to get on and off I'd do it more.

I also ditched the otter box screen protector for a zagg that I put on over the weekend. Still getting used to it but liking it so far, aside from the orange peel look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silverado8405 said:
I went minimal with the otter commuter series (at least it was for me coming from the defender) but I take it off on the weekend to let it be naked. If the case wasn't such a pain to get on and off I'd do it more.

I also ditched the otter box screen protector for a zagg that I put on over the weekend. Still getting used to it but liking it so far, aside from the orange peel look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I use to always use Zagg protectors. I don't anymore. They alway start to peel eventually and I don't like the orange peel look either. Plus I'm pretty sure continually using the spray every time I needed to put a new one on eventually caused me to have to get my home button replaced. Not that I change protectors often. But putting any kind of liquid on my device is just not my bag anymore.

However I would recommend a Zagg for an iPod Touch. For my iPod I use a different screen protector but I use the Zagg shield to cover up the back of my iPod Touch 4G.

But for my phone I now only use the glas.t. Or the PowerSupport. They are so easy to put on and I have putting them on so perfected that everything lines up so perfectly with all the holes on my device.

I would like to note that Zagg works great. It protects your device very well and the protector film is very durable. But I personally would recommend other protectors beside Zagg. Unless you had an iPod Touch 4G. Then I would recommend the Zagg protector for the back of the iPod. It actually makes it look kind of good with the orange peel effect over top of the shiny bezel, IMO. The screen...not so much.

power Support screen protectors are awesome as well as the glas.t screen protectors. Seriously...watch a YouTube video on how to apply a glas.t screen protector.

Power Support protectors work great, look great, but you really only have one, maybe 2 shots at getting a it on rite. Takes practice with this one.

Glas.t screen protectors are ridiculously easy to put on, take off, put on again....and so no. You can alway reuse it provided you keep it as clean as possible.

Splash Masque screen protectors. Love these too. This protector is reusable and can be removed and put on many many times. Remove it, carefully clean it, and put it back in with no air bubbles.

I would recommend any of these screen protectors before Zagg or Body Gaurdz, which is basically the same thing as Zagg. It just diminishes the beauty of the retina display IMO.

Tho I still take advantage of the side protectors that the full body shield comes with.lol. There at still on my phone and I think one side is starting to peel up.l.

Last edited:
The new Zagg HD protectors eliminate the orange peel effect that i disliked about previous Zagg products. Also the feel is more like glass when using the touchscreen as opposed to the kind of sticky feeling they used to have. I love mine and recommend the new style.

mcg3745 said:
The new Zagg HD protectors eliminate the orange peel effect that i disliked about previous Zagg products. Also the feel is more like glass when using the touchscreen as opposed to the kind of sticky feeling they used to have. I love mine and recommend the new style.

Cool....ima give that a try.

i dont want to use a case but i want some protection. im using bookbook case and boostcase if i need external battery. but if you like hardcore try lifeproof case.

water proof
shock proof
drop proof
sand proof

google it. nice case but a bit bulky.

Sent from my  iPhone 4s  using Tapatalk

i dont want to use a case but i want some protection. im using bookbook case and boostcase if i need external battery. but if you like hardcore try lifeproof case.

water proof
shock proof
drop proof
sand proof

google it. nice case but a bit bulky.

Sent from my  iPhone 4s  using Tapatalk

I just recently got the LP case. Coming from an otterbox I feel like the LP case is much less bulky and lighter than the otterbox.

I'm pretty sure the Life Proof case is less bulky then any Otterbox

The LP case is significantly less bulky it offers near good as protection as defender probably more and it's as thin if not thinner then the commuter.

A poll would be a better answer to the subject. I'm curious also about the percentage of users that do not case, not so much why, because that's to prevent breakage.