What's new

tmobile speedtest

1iwilly

Reaction score
hello to all
my iphone 4s is is on the tmobile network just started to see the 3g at home from the E what is a good speed numbers to see when checking the speed test
right now i'm seen 3g download=9.61mps and upload=2.71mps on wifi downloads=17.19mps and up=3.06mbps

That depends on your location and what time of day. Remember that 3G is no longer the major focus of carriers. Almost all carriers are putting their resources on 4G, so 3G speeds won't be extraordinary. But the speeds are around there. Wifi speeds aren't factored in because that depends on the connection you're on.

That depends on your location and what time of day. Remember that 3G is no longer the major focus of carriers. Almost all carriers are putting their resources on 4G, so 3G speeds won't be extraordinary. But the speeds are around there. Wifi speeds aren't factored in because that depends on the connection you're on.
thanks the people at the t-mobile stores keep telling me even though the iphone displays the 3g icon the speed is that of the 4g.???????

No... The 4S only supports 3G speeds. Sprint and T-Mobile loved to throw out their "4G" back when the 4S was released. They called it 4G because they're behind in their tech. Their "4G' is equivalent to everyone else's 3G because it is in fact 3G, but they can't exactly go "hey guys, here's the real 3G release for you guys" when they've had "3G" capabilities with their devices at their time.

thanks the people at the t-mobile stores keep telling me even though the iphone displays the 3g icon the speed is that of the 4g.???????

Since the iPhone isn't officially compatible with on T-Mobiles network, with those speeds you are on their 4G HSPA+ network. 3G data speeds max out at 3Mbps 4G is typically 12Mbps and higher.

Since the iPhone 4S is not officially available on T mobile the phone does not display the proper network type.

Beamed from the Nexus Galaxy.

No... The 4S only supports 3G speeds. Sprint and T-Mobile loved to throw out their "4G" back when the 4S was released. They called it 4G because they're behind in their tech. Their "4G' is equivalent to everyone else's 3G because it is in fact 3G, but they can't exactly go "hey guys, here's the real 3G release for you guys" when they've had "3G" capabilities with their devices at their time.

This is incorrect, the iPhone 4S supports HSPA+ network configuration. So 1iwilly is on T mobile's 4G, HSPA+ network.

For the record, 4G networks can be both LTE and HSPA+. 4G is just label used to market phones with faster data speeds.

This is incorrect, the iPhone 4S supports HSPA+ network configuration. So 1iwilly is on T mobile's 4G, HSPA+ network.

For the record, 4G networks can be both LTE and HSPA+. 4G is just label used to market phones with faster data speeds.

thanks for the correction today i'll test the E speed

i guy at my job has the verizon iphone 4 we did a side by side speed test today he couldn't beleive how slow his 3g is compare to mine hands down

i guy at my job has the verizon iphone 4 we did a side by side speed test today he couldn't beleive how slow his 3g is compare to mine hands down

That's because you are on Tmobile's 4G HSPA+ network. Your phone just doesn't register the network as a 4G network.