What's new

tmobile 4g on iphone 4s?

ericfragola

Reaction score
i was told its possible, with some work, after unlocking my 4s to work with tmobile, that instead of having it work on 2G, (edge) that it can be worked on to work with tmobiles 4G network. is this true? the way my tmobile phone worls, is if theres no 4G, it goes down to 2G unfortunately with a skip on the 3G. and that with some work, my friend at microsoft can get the iphone 4s to work on 4G instead of just the 2G that a normal unlock would do for a tmobile card.

No, it is not true. The iPhone4S does not support 4G, it supports HSPA+ which has comparable speeds to 4G, but it is not actual 4G. As far as I know, you can only use 2G service if you unlock your phone for use with T-Mobile.

and a tear i shed...oh well, it was worth a shot. wondering if i should use the iphone 4s for my tmobile network...because as we all know, 2G is hopelessly slow compared to 4G. but if its comparable, i may use it

No, it is not true. The iPhone4S does not support 4G, it supports HSPA+ which has comparable speeds to 4G, but it is not actual 4G. As far as I know, you can only use 2G service if you unlock your phone for use with T-Mobile.

There might be a way to enable 3G on a T-Mobile unlocked iPhone, I have heard rumors about it but have never actually unlocked an iPhone for use with T-Mobile so I do not know for sure. Hopefully someone else can shed some light on that for you.