What's new

Tips?

Killjoy_v_

Reaction score
Tips? I wanna replace my battery, but my screen is already cracked.. Would it be better to get a new screen or carry on with this procedure?

Tips? I wanna replace my battery, but my screen is already cracked.. Would it be better to get a new screen or carry on with this procedure?

Depending on which model iPhone you have, it is most likely that the screen would have to be removed to get to the battery. Since the screen is already cracked, it is very likely that by removing the screen it would damage it even more and make it unusable.

So depending on the age of your phone, you might want to consider an upgrade, or buying a refurbished phone from your carrier if they have any. That's what I'd do...

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Depending on which model iPhone you have, it is most likely that the screen would have to be removed to get to the battery. Since the screen is already cracked, it is very likely that by removing the screen it would damage it even more and make it unusable.

So depending on the age of your phone, you might want to consider an upgrade, or buying a refurbished phone from your carrier if they have any. That's what I'd do...

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Battery is about $80. Then the screen too. Buy a new or used 5s. You can get a new 5s for $99 on contract.

I have a battery, I was just wondering if I should've done it.. Plus the screen just came in today lol but thanks!

Is the battery replacement on the 5, fairly simple? Do they make batteries with more holding capacity? Any specific brand recommended?

Thanks.

There are lots of videos on YouTube that show you how to do it. No major problems once the 2 screws are out. I am not aware of higher capacity batteries, would recommend buying the best make you can. Don't forget you'll need a repair kit with luck that will come with the battery and also wear rubber gloves. Backup your device before you start just in case everything doesn't go according to plan.

There are lots of videos on YouTube that show you how to do it. No major problems once the 2 screws are out. I am not aware of higher capacity batteries, would recommend buying the best make you can. Don't forget you'll need a repair kit with luck that will come with the battery and also wear rubber gloves. Backup your device before you start just in case everything doesn't go according to plan.

Thanks. I'm in no need of it now. I just figured a phone the age of a 5, it may be needed in the not too distant future..

Thanks