What's new

Thoughts on iPhone 6 plus and development

mach1man

Reaction score
So I have an iPhone 6 plus and I was wondering what everyone's thoughts where on how the development of tweaks and themes will go for the 6+. I know the insides are a little different from the regular 6, so will that stop developers from taking the extra time to make a tweak or theme for the 6+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Except for the screen size, the two phones perform almost identically, with the iPhone 6 being very slightly faster. There should be no trouble with having tweaks developed for the iPhone 6 run properly on the iPhone 6 plus. The one area with the most difference is that the Homescreen of the iPhone 6 plus can rotate to landscape mode, something the iPhone 6 can't do. Some tweaks may possibly have to be modified to allow for this homescreen rotation to landscape mode.

Ok. I've heard the icons need to be labeled differently as well to get them to theme properly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's possible that the zoom feature to enlarge the app icons might requiring modification of the tweaks to handle this feature of iOS on the iPhone.

It may take a bit longer to create themes for the iPhone 6 Plus (kind of how it took longer to get themes for the iPad ... if at all).

The icons on the Plus have a different size and naming protocol than on the "regular" iPhone 6. So, a developer has to create at least two different icons for every app he/she themes.

So, this may (will) take more time to create and some developers may end up theming for only one device - which is most likely the one they own.

The same will go for tweaks. Although, from what I can tell, most tweaks that work on the regular iPhone 6 also work on the iPhone 6 Plus, consideration will have to be made for the differences. Essentially, although they are both iPhones, they really are two different products.

So, yeah, I'd expect some delay in creating tweaks and themes for the iPhone 6 Plus. Themes more so than tweaks, but still.

Marilyn

for some reason I can not get activator to work properly on my iphone 6+ it cancels out the reachabilty