What's new

Thinking of getting iPhone 4 today..anything i need to know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocaccio

Reaction score
I am an android user. The 4 is 99.00 and 4s is 199.00 I have read reviews where ppl said they LOVE it coming from an evo user. I have jb an iPod Touch before in the past is it hard to do on this one? I think i'll love it just asking opinions on here too.

Oh yeah and is there a VAST diff in the 4 and 4s?

It has been a while since i've dealt with apple devices; or since i got rid of my iPad2 and I am aware that I do NOT like new itunes i have to use an alternate method to put mp3's on my nano. With all that said...Is it hard to jb the 4? I read reviews and never saw anything negative from a previous android user.

Hey man, I just switched to sprint from virgin mobile about 2 weeks ago. I got the $99 iPhone 4 8gb. I love the phone and am very happy with it. I prefer iOS over android now because I don't have to deal with apps crashing all day. And sprint is very good in my area. I tested over 2mbps download speeds with 3G. Good luck!

Hey man, I just switched to sprint from virgin mobile about 2 weeks ago. I got the $99 iPhone 4 8gb. I love the phone and am very happy with it. I prefer iOS over android now because I don't have to deal with apps crashing all day. And sprint is very good in my area. I tested over 2mbps download speeds with 3G. Good luck!

Now that's what I'm talking bout!! I looked for reviews on sprint and all android users that went to iPhone left only pos feedback!! I think i'll like it; only deal is i went to sprint and they "notified" me that I had a special 2yr upgrade that expired on the 31st..yesterday. So tomorrow or whenever I can sell my Nexus S 4g I am gonna go and try and get the 4. White Black who cares. I'll have to get a protector and case though; its too pretty to drop and i'm in the Army. Probably a otterbox; or just get insurance and say screw it.

I went through best buy to get my phone. I got insurance through them for 14.99 a month and it covers everything, even if you get mad and break the phone in half haha. I would try it out, and if you don't like it you can always return it bro. I'm definitely a happy sprint customer and their service is great here in Denver. And I didn't get a case or anything since I got insurance. I love the feel of the glass screen and I hate how bulky some cases are.

I have an Android and a 4S. Both are great devices and both offer different options.

Android's voice turn-by-tune navigation is better, IMO.

The iPhone just works. The screen is fantastic, the apps are more polished, the camera is special IMO.

For mem first and foremost, these devices are cell phones so call quality is a top priority for me. The call quality on the 4S is suburb.

Let us know what you decide.

I have had a few Androids. I replaced my Epic 4g with a iphone 4s 32gb. Best thing i ever did. Apps are better, they dont crash, camera is great. Although I am buying more than i did with the Android, i would rather pay $1.00 for a app that works, than tons of free Android apps that didnt work. Batery life is better, data speed is about the same, SLOW. Wont be going back to Android. I have a ipad 2, and really like how the phone and ipad sync together all the time.

I dumped the evo 4g for the iPhone as well. This is my first apple product EVER!!!! I love this phone because it works. No hassles. Just works

Best and most successful thing to know is don't drop it..and don't be clueless to your surroundings.

It works because it's a closed OS so all apps and anything else that goes on your phone (unless jail broken) goes through apple for approval to make sure it works unlike android which is open sourced no control really on apps anybody can make em and not have to pass to make sure they function 100%.

I have the iPhone 4 iOS 5.0.1 just recently jailbroke it using redsn0w. Simple, and I'm technologically challenged (meaning I don't know much about electronics and such) My boss had the iPhone 4, then got the iPhone 4s. He's had it for quite a while and hates it. He is currently looking for another iPhone 4. The only real diff I know of is 4s has Siri. Lol, but idk.
I have Verizon white iPhone 4 8gb iOS 5.0.1 jailbroke. I love it... Except it's 8gb lol.

Also, I have the otterbox defender series bc I'm clumsy. They have others at otterbox(dot)com find the one you want and if you want, go to eBay. I highly recommend otterbox.
Good luck to you XD

Do it. I had an htc evo, it was fun installing custom roms and stuff but it gets old. Jailbroke my 4S last weekend and im having a blast with it installing cydia tweaks and whatnot

bocaccio said:
I am an android user. The 4 is 99.00 and 4s is 199.00 I have read reviews where ppl said they LOVE it coming from an evo user. I have jb an iPod Touch before in the past is it hard to do on this one? I think i'll love it just asking opinions on here too.

Oh yeah and is there a VAST diff in the 4 and 4s?

It has been a while since i've dealt with apple devices; or since i got rid of my iPad2 and I am aware that I do NOT like new itunes i have to use an alternate method to put mp3's on my nano. With all that said...Is it hard to jb the 4? I read reviews and never saw anything negative from a previous android user.

The 4S is totally worth the extra $100. You'll love your iPhone.

xboxmahoney

I'm stuck with a 4. I had an Android phone (my first smartphone) for a few weeks and would go back in half a heartbeat if I could get a different 'droid phone that I could be absolutely certain had a better antenna than my first one. Only reason I switched...I just prefer the 'droid +'s and -'s to those in the Apple universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.