What's new

Looking to get my first Iphone I am looking at the 4S on No Contract fully Functional

Reaction score
Hi i am new to the ICommunity well actually i bought an Ipod Nano 10 years ago. I have been using android for the last 6 years i have seen the Iphone 4S played with it and fell in love with it. I know there is a way to get it onto Straight Talk ( I went through the whole flashing process with my HTC EVO 4G to Boost Mobile) Jailbreaking is just like flashing for the Iphone but with more attributes.

Correct me if i am wrong but i need to get a AT&T Iphone 4S for the sim Compatibility with Straight Talk to work properly right??????
For everything else such as MMS Messaging to work the 4S needs to be Jailbroke right????????

I had this issue with my Flashed Evo 4G to Boost Mobile where at random my incoming calls would go straight to voicemail and not leave a missed call or waiting voicemail notification it was a so called trashed flashed by some amateur. anyways i shouldn't have the same problem with the Iphone 4S on Straight talk right????????

Is apple coming out with newer versions of operating system that is unlockable or will the hackers always be able to hack and unlock them???????

Should i just wait for the Iphone 5?????? Any concrete release Date???????

Any Recommended Jailbreak Methods Free would be Great????????

by the way is it safe to buy a Iphone 4S (at&T) from this website i found them for cheap
*** Removal of External Link per Forum Rules *** ??????????

Last edited by a moderator:
First of all, welcome to the forum/the light side :p

Jailbreaking is just like flashing for the Iphone but with more attributes.

This is not true, but it is a common misconception. Jailbreaking is the act of using a vulnerability in the iOS firmware to gain root access to the device's filesystem. I believe you were talking about unlocking which is a separate concept from jailbreaking.

Correct me if i am wrong but i need to get a AT&T Iphone 4S for the sim Compatibility with Straight Talk to work properly right??????
For everything else such as MMS Messaging to work the 4S needs to be Jailbroke right????????
Yes, you will need an AT&T iPhone 4S if you plan on using Straight Talk unless you plan on unlocking.

I had this issue with my Flashed Evo 4G to Boost Mobile where at random my incoming calls would go straight to voicemail and not leave a missed call or waiting voicemail notification it was a so called trashed flashed by some amateur. anyways i shouldn't have the same problem with the Iphone 4S on Straight talk right????????
I've never heard of this issue happening on iPhones.

Is apple coming out with newer versions of operating system that is unlockable or will the hackers always be able to hack and unlock them???????
Apple actively closes software/hardware unlocking vulernabilties. Currently the 4S cannot be unlocked on the latest firmware, and the unlock that is available for 5.0.1 is a hardware unlock(you would have to buy a SIM interposer to unlock). There are currently basebands that have been out for well over a year that are still not unlockable to this day.

Should i just wait for the Iphone 5?????? Any concrete release Date???????
No concrete release dates, Apple keeps that information under wraps until the day the new device is officially announced. Looking at the past, we can assume that it will be released either in June or October.

Any Recommended Jailbreak Methods Free would be Great????????
All jailbreak solutions are free. There are websites that sell jailbreak tools but they are the same exact tools that are already available for free. The only current jailbreak method for iPhone4S is the Corona exploit(implemented into both Redsn0w and Absinthe). Only firmware 5.0 and 5.0.1 are currently jailbreakable on the 4S.

by the way is it safe to buy a Iphone 4S (at&T) from this website i found them for cheap ??????????

I would stick with eBay, the link you posted is a very unprofessional, cookie-cutter looking website and I would not trust it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes i plan on UNLOCKING AND JAILBREAKING the AT&T Iphone 4S To work 100% on Straight Talk $45 Unlimited Talk,Text and Data (Including working MMS Messaging) (hopefully everything else would work but as long as Talk,RegularText and MMS Text as well as Data works and the phone radio is Reliable that is all i care about )

Yeah like i mentioned before i had my Sprint HTC EVO 4G Flashed to Boost Mobile by some half ass so my incoming calls were at random going to voicemail and not notifying me and i was also getting text Time stamped by more than 2 hours behind from anyone who was texting me now that was dangerous can you imagine a family emergency or something a phone is suppossed to be reliable that is the most important thing am i right?
As long as after i get this Iphone 4S on Straight Talk running i don't get the same problems i had with my Android EVO 4G flashed to boost mobile.

By the way now or sometime in the future could the CDMA Version of the Iphone 4S be Flashed/Jailbroken/Unlocked to Boost Mobile??????

So the latest Apple Iphone firmware is trying to patch the wholes in security yeah same thing goes with the Android Firmwares No matter what Platform you are on they are always trying to keep up and or stay ahead of the hackers.
What is the latest Version of Apple Firmware by the way???????

Too bad about that wholesale site i posted they had a New AT&T Iphone 4S for $292 plus $18 Shipping That is a sweet deal i think. Ebay though i haven't seen a New Condition one for less than $400 on ebay i will keep my eye out.

Yeah i just want it on a prepaid like everyone else. It's your phone you should be able to decide who you want your service to be.

You don't need the iPhone 4s to be unlocked to work on straight talk since you'll be getting the AT&T version. To get mms and data there are few guides that tell you how to do it. I would post the website but idk if I can.

Ya, no need to unlock for Straight Talk as it is part of AT&T. The current firmware version is 5.1 and no, there is no way to unlock CDMA iPhones. Also, you're not going to find a 4S that's new for less than $400, I just sold a 4 for $350 not too long ago.

I heard that you have unlimited App Access on Unlocked status can you name some other Cool Benefits of having a Unlocked Iphone 4S???????? Wait i heard that for MMS Messaging and Data to work with Straight Talk the Unlock is Required?????? Yeah of course you'll have talk and Regular text without an Unlock on Straight Talk but the MMS and Data i heard Unlock was the only way?

So Jailbreaking is for Carrier switch Unlocking is to gain root access through vulnerabilities and provide you with prohibited capabilities am i right?????? by the way can you name some prohibited capabilities you get with an Unlock??????

I hope to remove any "Puppet Strings" that any company has tied to my Iphone 4S that is why i still would like to Unlock and Jailbreak it even though it is not necessary ( for Talk and Regular Text on Straight Talk)

Say once i have my At&t Iphone 4S on Straight Talk Unlocked and Jailbroke i should never allow my Iphone 4S to Update right because the new updates whether they are firmware or whatever can Lock and put my Iphone back in Jail right or no???????

So it is only a matter of time before someone in the hacking community cracks the 5.1 Firmware it is safe to say.
I really appreciate your help thanks again guys for your answers.

Last edited:
So Jailbreaking is for Carrier switch Unlocking is to gain root access through vulnerabilities and provide you with prohibited capabilities am i right?????? by the way can you name some prohibited capabilities you get with an Unlock??????

No, you have it backwards. Jailbreaking gives you root access and Unlocking lets you use it on different carriers. The things that you can do to the device after jailbreaking are too many to list. Everything from theming the phone to network tethering to tweaking functions and applications. They will most likely release a 5.1 jailbreak but there's a chance that they will wait until the next iOS firmware is out to release a new jailbreak.

Also, yes if you update an unlocked phone you will lose the unlock and if you restore a factory firmware you will also update the baseband which will remove the possibility of unlocking in most cases.