What's new

They weren't kidding about Atomic Browser!

ardchoille

Reaction score
I had seen this web browser recommended by several people so I found and installed the Lite version to try it out. After playing with it for a few minutes I uninstalled it and bought the Full version. Seriously, the huge feature set alone is worth more than the cost of the browser.. a whole dollar :)

Wowsers! They weren't kidding. This browser is great and has a lot of privacy-friendly features. This is one of those app that makes me want to send a donation to the developers just to show them how awesome I think their software is.

If you're looking for a browser that is more advanced than Safari, try the Lite version of Atomic Browser.

Before I got my iPhone I installed Atomic Browser and you're correct in your assessment. It's a great browser.

The only problem though is you can't make it a default browser. Safari is the default browser at all times.

When Google made Chrome for IOS that was a deal for me. Most of the time I want to send a web page to my phone and the app I have, SendTab, doesn't do a good job of doing that. It's great at sending a page to your computer browser.

Chrome has an extension Chrome to Mobile that will send the page to Chrome on your phone without fail. So that's my choice for a browser. I won't say it's better then Atomic but for my needs it's just as good.

Before I got my iPhone I installed Atomic Browser and you're correct in your assessment. It's a great browser.

The only problem though is you can't make it a default browser. Safari is the default browser at all times.

When Google made Chrome for IOS that was a deal for me. Most of the time I want to send a web page to my phone and the app I have, SendTab, doesn't do a good job of doing that. It's great at sending a page to your computer browser.

Chrome has an extension Chrome to Mobile that will send the page to Chrome on your phone without fail. So that's my choice for a browser. I won't say it's better then Atomic but for my needs it's just as good.

Correct, you can't make it the default browser. But you CAN install a bookmarklet in Safari that will take the current page from Safari and open it in Atomic Browser.. that's as close to "default" as it gets and it's good enough for me.

Good point, we all should use that which works for us. And, for me, that means no Google products of any kind.

It's not that bad a browser. I would say I'm torn between atomic and chrome. The only problem I have with chrome is that in some cases where I'm watching videos/clips, it doesn't allow me to click on anything or even change tabs until I end the process. Haven't had this error yet with atomic. I do, however, like the feature of running/viewing something outside of the static mobile web page. That is pretty neay