What's new

Thermos (thermometer-app) ?!

agap72

Reaction score
Hey there,

there's a new app whaich claims to be the very first real thermometer for the apple iphone.
Did anyone test it on iPhone 4 already?
I heard of some people who successfully installed and operated it on iPhone 3G.

Search for Thermos on your iTunes to get an idea of what I say ^^

Just tells you the temperature of the area like your weatherman does. The iphone does not have the hardware to measure temperature.

If your looking to figure out the temperature of your freezer , sorry you are out of luck !!

Just tells you the temperature of the area like your weatherman does. The iphone does not have the hardware to measure temperature.

Ehm nope.
They measure the temperature by using the iPhone's camera.
That sounds pretty crazy, right?

Take a look at appolicious.com and search for Thermos.
Unbelieveable.

I gonna buy it this evening, hell yeah!

Seems like a pain... Cover the camera,calibrate with a real thermometer. Then put your $500 phone in the sun or freezer... No thanks I'll go spend $2 on a regular one.

argh!
screw does guys. just some minutes after I bought their app they posted on twitter to give away some promocodes. NOOO :D

stay tuned I gonna test it now.
*excited*

Holy Moly!

My very first impressions:
Easy to handle, a little tricky to calibrate, once the calibration is finished (BTW: I didn't put it in my fridgerator but went outside with my dog) this thing makes my bones shake O____O

I tell you! it's awkward to see the iPhone measure the temperature without having ANY extern data. I blocked it from connecting to the internet or using gps.

CRAZY SH!AT !!

It seems to work. stay tuned. this might be a "revolution".
those sick Germans!

Hi, if you are still interested in a temperature sensor for the iPhone, check iCelsius (icelsius.com). It is an app and hardware that transforms your iPod into a digital thermometer (iPad thermometer).

what? checks temps using your camera?....i don't believe that for some reason

Still i do not use that application for iPhone 4. Soon i will also try it out.:)

Iphone does not have a built in thermometer so telling the temp is impossible!

Still i do not use that application for iPhone 4. Soon i will also try it out.:)
Online Shopping