What's new

Themes not working on 5.1.1

Macdawgg

Reaction score
Okay here's what's ahppening to me. I've got 5.1.1 installed on jailbroken I-phone and everything works except when I try to install a theme the screen never changes. The screen is Black with icons. I've even chose a theme in cydia and nothing. I can do a restore reinstall cydia. I hte to but is there another option and answer as to why my themes acren't changing?

If your using Winterboard you need to select the theme for it to show....

I've done that and I've reprung after slecting the theme but still no dice.

Try selecting a random theme(from Cydia) to see if Winterboard is functioning properly.....

Tried that as well the phone restarts but the background stays black and for the life of me it won't change.

Maybe the theme you want is not made for 5.1.1 but for older IOS.

No they are setup for 5.1 according to the website on ssiphone but I just can't get them to work. I'm putting them in the right folder but winterboard won't change the wallpaper just the icons change. Strange indeed and I came across this thread hoping someone had a solution.

Make sure with the theme you are trying to use there is not some kind of extension or another file needed that the developer suggests. Not a lot of these out the anymore, but there are still some.