What's new

Themes arent being activated? iPhone 5

Crissco

Reaction score
I just jailbroke my phone. I have IOS version 7.0.4. Used Evasi0n to jailbreak it. I installed winterboard, every time i go to cydia and download a theme, then go to winerboard to select the theme and click on it then click respring, it doesnt update the theme. No idea whats going on here?

Crissco

I just jailbroke my phone. I have IOS version 7.0.4. Used Evasi0n to jailbreak it. I installed winterboard, every time i go to cydia and download a theme, then go to winerboard to select the theme and click on it then click respring, it doesnt update the theme. No idea whats going on here?

Crissco

What's going on is that Winterboard has not been updated to run on iOS 7. Most, if not all themes have not been updated to run on iOS. Mobile Substrate has not been updated to run on iOS 7. In fact, if you don't already own a tweak (from a prior iOS version), you can buy it (or download it if it's free) because that aspect of Cydia has not been turned on for iOS 7.

The evasi0n7 jail breaking tool, as you know, was released quickly. No developers had a chance to update their tweaks and themes. Most themes will need updating because of the differences in iOS 7's codling.

So, all we can do is wait patiently while stuff gets updated. It's not you, it's everyone. So, please, hang in there and wait. Things will get sorted.

Marilyn

What's going on is that Winterboard has not been updated to run on iOS 7. Most, if not all themes have not been updated to run on iOS. Mobile Substrate has not been updated to run on iOS 7. In fact, if you don't already own a tweak (from a prior iOS version), you can buy it (or download it if it's free) because that aspect of Cydia has not been turned on for iOS 7.

The evasi0n7 jail breaking tool, as you know, was released quickly. No developers had a chance to update their tweaks and themes. Most themes will need updating because of the differences in iOS 7's codling.

So, all we can do is wait patiently while stuff gets updated. It's not you, it's everyone. So, please, hang in there and wait. Things will get sorted.

Marilyn

What tweak is that and how long do you think everything will be updated by?

MobileSubstrate is the base dependency of 9 out of 10 packages in Cydia. Consider it a foundation or the inner-clockworks of a package. Without a compatible/stable MobileSubstrate release, tweaks will not run or they'll crash.

There's never a working ETA on package updates. It depends on the kinks that comes up when developing and updating the package, as well as the resolution of it. With the 0.2 Evasi0n7 Untether package updated for 1.0.0 users, expect MobileSubstrate to be updated within a relatively short time frame from now. Check and Refresh the Changes section in Cydia every so often for any updates. Or, follow @Saurik for any updates.