What's new

The Simpsons: Tapped Out Temporarily Pulled Due to Overwhelming Demand

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]MacRumors reports that EA Mobile has had to pull its new Simpsons iOS game, Tapped Out, from the App Store temporarily simply because the free game was proving to be so popular that the massive demand on the servers basically meant that the game kept crashing or just wouldn’t work. Doh! Not to worry if you’re one of those who already downloaded the game before it was pulled, however, as it will still be playable for those who already have it. According to MacRumors, The Simpsons: Tapped Out is a mixture of The Sims and Tiny Tower in terms of gameplay, and features the same writers and voices from the TV series. In the game, the player must rebuild Springfield after it has been decimated by a nuclear explosion accidentally caused by Homer. Players earn donuts by undertaking quests, which they can then use to unlock more familiar characters from The Simpsons. If you want to speed up your progress, you can also buy more donuts as an in-app purchase. No wonder it proved popular, let’s hope that EA Mobile gets the game up and running again soon![/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Keep checking EA Mobile’s Facebook page to find out when the game goes back up in the App Store: https://www.facebook.com/TheSimpsonsTappedOut[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Source: EA Pulls Hugely Popular New Simpsons Game Over Server Capacity Issues - Mac Rumors[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
It's been a cluster since launch but fun game when you can get in.

Theundertows should be my Origin for those looking for neighbors.

I really like this game but the constant up/down is really annoying. Origin blows. Whatever, when it comes back add me. My user id is karenrose1985

Yup,It's True!
I actually thought it was an amazing app before it crashed constantly.
It's just like AngryBirds Space,it crashes every time I go onto it ! Origin is bad.I recommend GameCentre By Apple or Openfeint