What's new

Tap My Katamari is Out Now

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
Tap My Katamari out now.JPG

Bandai Namco has released its new endless cosmic clicker game Tap My Katamari on iOS; it’s a spin-off clicker game from the original Katamari rolling ball games.

Playing as the Prince, it’s your job to help out The King of All Cosmos in his bid to restore the universe and its stars by tapping. How do you do this? Well, with the help of the magical Katamari ball, of course!

In grand Katamari tradition, everything the Katamari touches sticks to it, making it bigger and bigger and turning it into a mighty weapon.

You start off picking up small objects such as thumbtacks and hamsters in the house, with some suitably soothing music, then as you progress and level up along the way, you can summon more than 30 Cousins to help you. Eventually you’ll be picking up cows and cars, and then eventually giant squids and spaceships. There are more than 60 unique objects that you can pick up across the four worlds.

You’ll also get help from the Royal Family, who’ll bestow more than 20 cosmic Presents and Mushrooms on you.

“We really feel like idle games and snowball simulators are a perfect match. Both have the spirit of starting off really really small and, with a bit of care here and there, explode to ridiculousness. With TAP MY KATAMARI, we embraced the relaxing nature of mobile, dove into the quirkiness of KATAMARI DAMACY with a passion, and made sure we included high quality music, both original songs and familiar remixes by composers in the community who grew up loving Katamari!” said Jon Chew, Product Owner at BANDAI NAMCO Studios Vancouver Inc.

“With TAP MY KATAMARI, we wanted to give the players a whole new way to play Katamari on mobile & tablets. We took Katamari’s DNA and created a unique spin-off turning the original action game into an incredible idle game. All the ingredients are there, only the recipe is different: enjoy a new flavor to the craziest and quirkiest universe around!”said Benjamin Prénom, Project Owner at BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Europe.

Click here to download the free game: Tap My Katamari - Endless Cosmic Clicker on the App Store

Source: Bandai Namco