What's new

The screen suddenly hangs

cherry1810

Reaction score
It's not too hard to see the iPhone hangs, especially with older devices. Once suspended, the user can not do anything with the touch screen, so it is not possible to perform a regular shutdown operation to fix it.

It's not too hard to see the iPhone hangs, especially with older devices. Once suspended, the user can not do anything with the touch screen, so it is not possible to perform a regular shutdown operation to fix it.
I have an older iPhone device but have never experienced what you are describing. Is your iPhone updated to the most recent IOS. Has it been serviced in any way by a non-authorized repair person? Is your battery life near the end of its lifespan?

What happens when you reboot the iPhone by pressing and holding the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears, then releasing both buttons and waiting for the iPhone to restart?

Last edited:
Not sure if you're asking a question, or just making a random statement. Mine will occasionally hang like you are describing. Not very often, but every once in a blue moon it'll do it. While it's doing it, I can't do anything, including a force shut down. All I have to do it wait it out though. The screen will eventually go dark on its own, and once it does, everything is back to normal and working as it should when I wake it up again. I've never had to do anything to fix. Just set phone down and come back to it later.