What's new

The Pressure to Download 11.3 is Mounting

HunnieBunnie

Reaction score
I do not know if anyone else is getting this, but my 5s is now taken another step in trying to get me to download 11.3. If I try to check my phone, I now get a message that asks me to input my passcode (as opposed to my fingerprint) to download OS 11.3 TONIGHT if the phone is plugged into a power source. It is getting harder and harder to bypass these prompts. I am afraid to go to sleep without powering off the phone entirely. I am getting the message on my Mac, too. I have to keep telling it "remind me tomorrow." I cannot find an option to make it stop reminding me.

Dear Apple, if you are reading this post, please know that I do NOT want OS 11.3 at this time. Please STOP trying to force me to accept it! I will download it whence I feel comfortable about it and NOT before.

P.S. Does anyone know why Apple is pushing so hard on this??? I have never been pushed so hard to upgrade an OS before.

There is no iOS 11.3 as of now. iOS 11.1 is the latest iOS version.
Constant prompting to update to the latest iOS version has been going on for years.

Last edited:
^^^ Really? I never noticed it before now. I am sure it said 11.3. Will double check this the next time it appears. Thanks.

Think she means 11.0.3 and l think you knew that.
And my iPhone 5s is getting these messages as well.

DLed 11.1 last night, stability improvements?

Yes, brixton boy, I think that must have been it. Thanks.

Now it coming from iOS 11.1 remind me later or type your password stuff just switch your 5s off and it goes away happened only once today.

Or you could do me a favour and install it, then report back how fantastic it, battery is super and all that and you wish you had done it sooner.

On the other hand throw the 5S in the bin who knows ??????????????????????

Back it up first Bitte

I will try powering off and on again, but I definitely will not download the OS, at least not any time soon. (LOL)

I will try powering off and on again, but I definitely will not download the OS, at least not any time soon. (LOL)
It's probably already downloaded. You're being prompted to install it. If you want to make that go away (for a while?), go to Settings -> General -> Storage & iCloud Usage -> Storage -> Manage Storage, find the iOS update download and delete it.

^^^ I do not think it has downloaded, but I will check on this. Thanks.

Yes, I thought I saw a numeral 3 on my iphone and Mac. Maybe 11.0.3 is supposed to have corrected some bugs??