What's new

The new and improved Siri!

im on pay as u go and even though i have some free texts it charged me,i just dont understand why it went as sms and right after as imessage without siri,the number is the same,im stumped.
Perhaps you just found a bug in Siri? And, if it a bug Apple might reimburse your fee.

Ok,i think i might have the answer,in my case i just told siri the persons name and it chose the name assosiated with the email address and sent it by sms,i think i have to say the name followed by iphone or mobile,i proved this by going into the message,contact,then send message,all three options came up and the one that went to sms was the one with the email address,the other two went to imessages,hope that makes sense,i havent actually tried it yet though.

Ok,i think i might have the answer,in my case i just told siri the persons name and it chose the name assosiated with the email address and sent it by sms,i think i have to say the name followed by iphone or mobile,i proved this by going into the message,contact,then send message,all three options came up and the one that went to sms was the one with the email address,the other two went to imessages,hope that makes sense,i havent actually tried it yet though.
Perhaps "Siri imessage Jane" ? I just asked Siri "How do I send an imessage" and she responded with "To whom do I send it?"

Perhaps "Siri imessage Jane" ? I just asked Siri "How do I send an imessage" and she responded with "To whom do I send it?"
yes,i tried that at first....."send an imessage",he asked the same,i gave him the name and it went by sms,it must depend how its set up on the recipients phone,i think if i give the phone number instead of the name it might go by imessage?that could get really confusing though if you have several contacts.