What's new

The new and improved Siri!

AZsteelman

Reaction score
I have to say, I absolutely love the new and improved Siri. She does SOOOO much more and is way more useful than ever. I put her thru the paces last night and had her do just about anything I wanted....well, almost! Yep, I'm impressed and very happy with the enhanced "other girl in my life".

Here in the Uk she can now tell me which businesses are locally and directions to these businesses.

I have to say, I absolutely love the new and improved Siri. She does SOOOO much more and is way more useful than ever. I put her thru the paces last night and had her do just about anything I wanted....well, almost! Yep, I'm impressed and very happy with the enhanced "other girl in my life".
I have to agree.. I don't even have to use the keyboard much anymore.

i cant believe i'm saying this but i haven't tried siri on my 5 yet,i really must get around to it.

i cant believe i'm saying this but i haven't tried siri on my 5 yet,i really must get around to it.
Yes, you must.. it's quite handy. This type of thing was unheard of when I was growing up and it amazes me. When I bought my iPhone I was worried about having to type on a small keyboard, but Siri has put those concerns to rest :)

Yes, you must.. it's quite handy. This type of thing was unheard of when I was growing up and it amazes me. When I bought my iPhone I was worried about having to type on a small keyboard, but Siri has put those concerns to rest :)
i started to use it on 4s but lost patience with it,i will certainly give it another go.

Siri can launch apps now as well. If Apple keeps improving Siri my screen won't have any fingerprints :)
im puzzled now though,i just told siri to send an imessage and it sent it as sms and i got charged big time as it went to the US.

I know this question is probably going to be answered in the affirmative, the person you sent the iMessage to had an iPhone correct? I would think Siri wouldn't have anything to do with the choice of services, if it's an iPhone shouldn't iMessage be the default?
it is an iphone,i dont get it,i said....."send an imessage"...it sent it as sms,i typed an imessage right after and it sent as imessage.

I think I tried it before, is this new with the update? I just tried now, Siri, launch Kindle. Worked like a charm.
Yes, it's part of the iOS 6 update, very nice feature.

it is an iphone,i dont get it,i said....."send an imessage"...it sent it as sms,i typed an imessage right after and it sent as imessage.
I feel somewhat responsible for costing you an sms fee.. since I was the one that encouraged you to try it. I didn't know you had such high fees over there. Sorry about that :(

Bummer, sorry to hear that. I have unlimited text and I know specially since you are in England that plans vary. It just comes with my package.
im on pay as u go and even though i have some free texts it charged me,i just dont understand why it went as sms and right after as imessage without siri,the number is the same,im stumped.

Yes, it's part of the iOS 6 update, very nice feature.

I feel somewhat responsible for costing you an sms fee.. since I was the one that encouraged you to try it. I didn't know you had such high fees over there. Sorry about that :(
no dont worry,its fine,i would like to solve it though.