What's new

The Most "Jeans Friendly" Case is...?

MadGerman

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

While waiting for the delivery of my new phone, I'm starting to look for accessories. The first thing I want is a nice case. I like the design of the Otterbox Commuter series since it looks like it will slip in and out of my jeans pockets, due to the hard shell outer case. I like the fact that it has a nice silicone inner liner as well.

Some of the other cases out there, like the Otterbox defender, seem like really rugged cases, but I've read some reviews that they are hard to get in and out of pockets and attract lint/dust.

I know there are some case junkies out there who have tried nearly all of the various cases out there, so I'm asking for your help.

I need a case that:

1. protects my phone whether it's laying face up or face down
  2. has some level of drop protection, i.e. cushioning/silicone liner
  3. is easy to slide in and out of my jeans pockets
  4. stays put and doesn't move around or reposition itself
  5. allows complete access to all buttons, speakers, ports, etc. on the phone
  6. (I don't use a belt clip, so I'm not concerned if it doesn't have one or isn't an option)

Thanks in advance from this Android defector. ;-)

MG

I use speck candyshell cases and I think they are the best. Soft silicone inside with hard plastic on the out. It slides in and our of your pockets very easily and doesn't bulk up the phone too much.

Otterbox defender works pretty well and right now i have the Mophie juice pack air

i just bought a lifeproof case i took it out to clean my screen it sliped out my hand and crack the screen i wish it was on it at that time great case

Try to search Google for this Case: Artwizz Flip AZ589BB Leather Case for iPhone 4 / 4S. It looks something like this:
$iPhone-4-4S-Artwizz-Flip-Leather-Case-AZ589BB-Black-1312-p.jpg
It will protect the screen and the back of your phone. But, I prefer covers :)

iFrogz Luxe Ultra Lean!<33333 Otterbox Commuter is a lint catcher. I know from experience.

Ra1nMaKeR said:
iFrogz Luxe Ultra Lean!<33333 Otterbox Commuter is a lint catcher. I know from experience.

I agree 100%

I am using some sort of ifrogz case. It's got little holes in it, like a screen on a screen door. It's very very nice, and I can hardly notice it is there

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

I personally am loving amazonbasics clear cover w screen protector right now and it fits nicely in jeans :)
Search on amazon
I want a Lux lean and I have the otterbox too big and the two part the plastic sticks. To jeans Lux lean sounds good too ;)

MadGerman said:
Hello everyone,

While waiting for the delivery of my new phone, I'm starting to look for accessories. The first thing I want is a nice case. I like the design of the Otterbox Commuter series since it looks like it will slip in and out of my jeans pockets, due to the hard shell outer case. I like the fact that it has a nice silicone inner liner as well.

Some of the other cases out there, like the Otterbox defender, seem like really rugged cases, but I've read some reviews that they are hard to get in and out of pockets and attract lint/dust.

I know there are some case junkies out there who have tried nearly all of the various cases out there, so I'm asking for your help.

I need a case that:

[*]protects my phone whether it's laying face up or face down
[*]has some level of drop protection, i.e. cushioning/silicone liner
[*]is easy to slide in and out of my jeans pockets
[*]stays put and doesn't move around or reposition itself
[*]allows complete access to all buttons, speakers, ports, etc. on the phone
[*](I don't use a belt clip, so I'm not concerned if it doesn't have one or isn't an option)

Thanks in advance from this Android defector. ;-)

MG

Basically any of the hard shell glossy finish cases on eBay meet these requirements. And the glossy ones slide in and outta your pocket easily.

Have a Speck Candyshell case on it now and am loving it. Thanks for the tips and suggestions.

MadGerman said:
Have a Speck Candyshell case on it now and am loving it. Thanks for the tips and suggestions.

How does the rubber fit round the edge in the front? Is it loose at all?

How does the rubber fit round the edge in the front? Is it loose at all?
yes, I have a candyshell also a otterbox defender and a switcheasy case. the candy shell has a tight lip around your phone. if you get a blk case it will show every little scratch.

My Speck fits very well. As far as it showing every little scratch, it does. I don't care though. It's there to protect my phone, not look pretty. I'm a function over form kind of guy.