What's new

The iPhone X cracked on the first drop

Just an observation.. my fiance has a droid I| with the undestructable screen... we have thrown that phone down and its still with us with no scratches... not that i like the droid as i dont... its just interesting that apple does not have a screen that will handle acdidental drops.... as they DO happen... i have had two iphones... iphone 4 and now 6s.... my 4 still looks new.... my iphone 6s case is battered... but i am hard on things... the phone itself is in good shape and i have dropped it a few times... all times they have some sort of protection... I started off my iphone 4 with otterbox defender... and i switched case types many many times as i felt it offered too much protection and made it too bulky.... My brother has a 6 plus..., and has had Iphone 4... he does not have a case for either phone... they both look brand new.... and he claims he never has dropped either of the two....
I feel his time will run out with that type of luck as most people i have seen drop theyre phones.... Since seeing this link i think this time for the X i may go back to otterbox defender.... why chance it?

Anyone ever tought to to themselves...i should NOT carry it in my back pocket nor should I DROP it?

Last edited:
Unless you’re loaded, don’t go naked. You could be sorry.

Reactions: 933
The do-called drop tests you see on YouTube and elsewhere are really destruction videos. The object is to damage or destroy the phone, not to see if it survives the test or not. It take one if the video had the iPhone survive intact, that take would not be uploaded. The “test” would be repeated until the iPhone broke when dropped. That would be the “test” that gets uploaded.

The do-called drop tests you see on YouTube and elsewhere are really destruction videos. The object is to damage or destroy the phone, not to see if it survives the test or not. It take one if the video had the iPhone survive intact, that take would not be uploaded. The “test” would be repeated until the iPhone broke when dropped. That would be the “test” that gets uploaded.

I dare you to buy one with your own money and try it yourself.

Reactions: 933
Anyone ever tought to to themselves...i should NOT carry it in my back pocket nor should I DROP it?
I'm well over 250lbs and still carry mine in the back pocket. Never had an issue. As far as not dropping it, it happens and I keep AppleCare because of it.

(Actually, I went with SquareTrade this time, because they have a 3 year plan. I don't plan on changing phones for 3 years this time, but I've already damaged 1 iPhone X. It fell in between my couch and got caught up in the lazy boy mechanics. Ended up cracking the screen really bad before I could get it out. So I get to use my new SquareTrade right away.)